Twitter Blocks Tweets with Cryptocurrency Addresses But What About Facebook? - Page 3 - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Whited35

Twitter Blocks Tweets with Cryptocurrency Addresses But What About Facebook?

11 hours ago, Ridam said:

@Whited35 Facebook did ban but only few. Facebook is the biggest place for scammers and fake projects. The growth of fraudulent activity on Facebook is comparable to the telegram. Facebook being such a big company and alot of opportunity to implement AI ,they are lacking in security and still allowing such bad minded people, projects and spams.

@Ridam I am more concerned regarding facebook that why they have not disabled users from posting the crypto wallet addresses in their posts? Well, I am looking forward to see whether they implement the similar feature in future or not. 

• +4 2

On 7/18/2020 at 6:49 PM, Moaz said:

I think that Twitter was expected to restrict tweets especially those that contain addresses for cryptocurrencies, after the recent penetration of the most important accounts of global figures in Twitter and their use of cryptocurrency addresses in order to steal money

Yes, the recent hack on Twitter has negatively affected the site, so Twitter has prevented the wallet address from being written in the tweets on the site.

• +1 1
  • +3 2

9 hours ago, Whited35 said:

@Ridam I am more concerned regarding facebook that why they have not disabled users from posting the crypto wallet addresses in their posts? Well, I am looking forward to see whether they implement the similar feature in future or not. 

@Whited35 Exactly Facebook could do many steps forward for stopping the scam ongoing. And still they haven't stopped posting wallet address in post. Perhaps they aren't aware about the last Twitter incident. Hope Facebook understand it sooner and make moves for stopping scams going there.

• +1 2
  • +4 1

NOTHING I SAY IS FINANCIAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD USE YOUR MIND ,FOR YOUR MONEY,

36 minutes ago, Ridam said:

@Whited35 Exactly Facebook could do many steps forward for stopping the scam ongoing. And still they haven't stopped posting wallet address in post. Perhaps they aren't aware about the last Twitter incident. Hope Facebook understand it sooner and make moves for stopping scams going there.

@Ridam Be aware ! Nowadays, scammers have found the new technique. They share your profile image from fake page of reputed institution like Binance, Skrill etc telling like you have own a huge amounts of crypto. Unfortunately, Facebook has not disabled fake pages of reputed institutions despite the endless reports against them. 

• +3 1
  • +5 2

31 minutes ago, Whited35 said:

@Ridam Be aware ! Nowadays, scammers have found the new technique. They share your profile image from fake page of reputed institution like Binance, Skrill etc telling like you have own a huge amounts of crypto. Unfortunately, Facebook has not disabled fake pages of reputed institutions despite the endless reports against them. 

@Whited35 Thanks for letting me informed about this scammers trick. Sure I won't fall in their trap. I have also seen many fake pages of big companies like Binance and they manage to get good amount of likes too so it looks real. Sure those who get excited for winning the big Crypto amount will fall in their trap and loss their fund.

• +5 2

NOTHING I SAY IS FINANCIAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD USE YOUR MIND ,FOR YOUR MONEY,

48 minutes ago, Ridam said:

@Whited35 Thanks for letting me informed about this scammers trick. Sure I won't fall in their trap. I have also seen many fake pages of big companies like Binance and they manage to get good amount of likes too so it looks real. Sure those who get excited for winning the big Crypto amount will fall in their trap and loss their fund.

@Ridam Greedy people are more likely to fall into their trap but smart people think thrice before believing any sort of information coming from the fake sites. For the authentic project's page, there will be "Author" tag on Facebook while it replies to the comments. 

• +1 2

I think Twitter is trite done in order to no longer appear fraudulent fees, or, as was the case with a large number of celebrities, when they asked for$1000 You, and then allegedly gave $ 2000. So, I assume that the company took this step as a defense!

• +1 1
  • +3 1

On 10/13/2020 at 10:29 AM, Omar Ommeish said:

Yes, the recent hack on Twitter has negatively affected the site, so Twitter has prevented the wallet address from being written in the tweets on the site.

but even tho people thought this would be bad for crypto but actually it turns out that even twitter CEO himself started buying bitcoin, this shows that we are slowly walking into adoption stage.

• +2 2

I question the type of people that send funds to scams like this. Seriously, offering 2x+ on your investment, instantly sounds too good to be true for a reason... because it is. 

Start investing with the highest paying platforms offered on Cryptologic.com

Find and follow us on social media to stay informed via Linktree.com
Affiliate link of the month: Automate your trading with Quadency.com

On 10/16/2020 at 7:11 PM, its.cryptologic said:

I question the type of people that send funds to scams like this. Seriously, offering 2x+ on your investment, instantly sounds too good to be true for a reason... because it is. 

This sort of technique has been already in practice for a long time. Scammers easily trick the greedy people to keep them in their traps by offering such fake schemes. It will be always better to perform the searches before sending the BTC. 

It was an appropriate action from Twitter and in his time to limit the spread of the hacker's Bitcoin address, from following me to the news of that incident, it was discovered that the hack was done with the help of an employee working inside Twitter, so this hacker cannot be considered smart, but just a thief.

• +2 2

I didn't find this problem while using twitter. I have participated in many bounties on twitter. 

By the way that was serious scam with people. I suggest we should be careful while using social platforms. They are mostly used platforms of scam. 

Twitter is unfair and greedy. It will block accounts for no reason and will not block accounts even after reported for vulgar speech. But in the case of scams they are not doing a lot either. Of course they shouldn't allow any addresses posted and they should block accounts doing that often. But I think they allowed that again now beacuse I have seen a few.

Edited by zhoutong
  • Useful or interesting 1

I don't think so because the Facebook is different as compared to others because it is not fully secured. But Twitter is totally reliable and many top investors and leaders are on it.

On 7/17/2020 at 7:53 PM, Whited35 said:

Due to the last wide-spread attack on the major US-based major figures like Joe Biden and Bill Gates, among many others, now Twitter has restricted sharing the Tweets with cryptocurrency deposit addresses. Users are noticing this type of error while trying to create a new tweet with BTC address.  

1833988265_Screenshot(7).png.587b524d85f1392f77a03698845e02d2.png

Well, Twitter has done this after that terrible incident but what about Facebook which is still letting users to share BTC address? I have some example which can be still seen under Skrill latest posts. Have a look at them.
Look, this is scam Skrill's page with the same name but scammers are spreading the well-known scam trap on the official Facebook page of Skrill. Scammer has also given some reactions to his posts by using fake accounts.

1887495778_Screenshot(3).png.0caeb3d23e273fe7653d8c18a2baceb2.png

Always check whether there is an "Author" tag or not otherwise you will easily fall into their trap. 

1787598147_Screenshot(4).png.d2f7b5f71261c5a2736e84ce3b6fc15f.png

I think Facebook and other social media platforms should also do the same to protect so many users from this world, what do you think? 

They really done a good thing to restrict those bitcoin addresses, because many of people get scammed so that twitter has saw that and helping people to get away from scammed, maybe Facebook also will do that and I think telegram also should start this service because telegram has so many scammers that's makes people to fear using that platform. 

• +2 1

1 hour ago, guatazoo said:

I think telegram also should start this service because telegram has so many scammers that's makes people to fear using that platform. 

@guatazoo Telegram is open for the crypto as you notice so many bots to allow airdrop and bounty related operations. Telegram itself involved to generate Gram through TON project but they stopped the project after court fight with SEC.I think they may not block crypto address but it would be better if they enabled blocking system more aggressive. 

I think Facebook will also block crypto address to the posts in future. Many scammers post wallet address to demand crypto in Facebook groups. I think Twitter  took this measure to protect user from spammers in Twitter platforms. Hackers misused Twitter to steal huge amounts of money. 

I have recently published wallet addresses in twitter comments and I have not had any problem so far, in terms of scammers, exchanges regularly do not ask for money through social networks, and it is important that we have official and verified accounts of each exchange that Let's drive, let's not be confident, everything we see we must verify, because that is how they scam people, we have many warnings and we know how to recognize scams, it is more difficult to fall into them, but an oversight can cost us a lot of money.

The social media have founded very difficult with the crypto scams and didn't do what they should have to increase their security, for this reason of keep growing with low cost and no increased security personnel but having AI bots instead, they managed to miss many scams that are evolving and expanding.

On 7/17/2020 at 9:53 PM, Whited35 said:

Due to the last wide-spread attack on the major US-based major figures like Joe Biden and Bill Gates, among many others, now Twitter has restricted sharing the Tweets with cryptocurrency deposit addresses. Users are noticing this type of error while trying to create a new tweet with BTC address.  

Well, Twitter has done this after that terrible incident but what about Facebook which is still letting users to share BTC address? I have some example which can be still seen under Skrill latest posts. Have a look at them.
Look, this is scam Skrill's page with the same name but scammers are spreading the well-known scam trap on the official Facebook page of Skrill. Scammer has also given some reactions to his posts by using fake accounts.

Always check whether there is an "Author" tag or not otherwise you will easily fall into their trap. 

I think Facebook and other social media platforms should also do the same to protect so many users from this world, what do you think? 

Dear you are right and I think it is really very worst thing because every person have its rights to do anything and I think posting dear you are right and I think it is really very worst thing because every person have its rights to do anything and I think posting about cryptocurrency is not bad every person can do any post about it.

This is not the solution to put restrictions on twitter accounts posting cryptocurrency addresses. They must improve their security because the attack on the accounts were their own security flaw and cryptocurrencies have nothing to take with it.

Social media is the easiest gateway for many scammers. Telegram and Facebook are good examples. Twitter has rightly blocked tweets with Cryptocurrency addresses. Hope Facebook will also do the same.

I think this is a good idea because this is what most people do when they want to scam other people so to me we need to find solutions they are using all this that are not as good as we can imagine this is really important to find solution to this thank you twitter and we need to be good in what we are going to be good at.

@Whited35 @Ridam @davy22

• +3 1

I think that would really be the one of the things that they could do to prevent the attacks, but I don't that would really be a good or efficient one. At least they are making a move about the incident that happened and hope that would teach them a thing or two about security.

On 7/17/2020 at 9:53 PM, Whited35 said:

It is ery common to have scamming through social apps now and it is not the way to stop it,we should have some security strong to make us safe from such scammers and fake people.

• +4 1