Mac users, be aware! A new Trojan attack has been just found !! - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Whited35

Mac users, be aware! A new Trojan attack has been just found !!

ESET(The internet security company) has just detected a dangerous Trojan attack by using malware "GMERA"(Which was first found in Sep 2019 by Trend Micro). Hackers have targeted  Apple’s macOS users who use trading applications. Let's see how dangerous this malware really is. Hackers have carefully integrated GMERA to the original macOS crypto trading app Kattana. They have copied original websites too which looks real for those who have never heard about Kattana plus they have promoted 4 malicious apps(Cointrazer, Cupatrade, Licatrade and Trezarus) with loaded malware that is able to steal user's personal information, system info, etc. As they have injected malware and copied original apps, their all apps are loaded with all trading features. They have also enabled apps to download buttons on their copied websites too 

So guys, be extremely careful while doing any crypto-related activities🙏.Hackers are looking more active this year. 

References you might love to check:-

Edited by Whited35
  • Useful or interesting 2
  • +2 2
  • +3 4
  • +4 1
  • +5 6

Oops ... What a bad news ... I hope the antivirus updates soon and provide mac users with real protection regarding this malware. Unfortunately, those who migrated from windows to mac thinking that they would get rid of malicious hackers already see that they were not so sure at the end of the day. What would I play? Migrate to Linux ?. Thank you for your contribution, it is very valuable, good luck, success and profit !!!

• +1 2
  • +2 1
  • +4 1

I remember how Mac users were bragging that no viruses exist on Macs and how they were happy not needing any antivirus. The fact was that a few viruses existed but macs weren't massively targeted. Obviously they target private keys and passwords with this one.

• +2 1
  • +3 1

9 minutes ago, BTC Future said:

I remember how Mac users were bragging that no viruses exist on Macs and how they were happy not needing any antivirus. The fact was that a few viruses existed but macs weren't massively targeted. Obviously they target private keys and passwords with this one.

This malware appears to create more damages on macOS than we believe so far. Operators of this malware can easily see every essential system details according to their desire once they succeed to make a Trojan attack. They have cleverly designed another sites which look official sites and loaded applications with malware. 

• +4 1

It's really useful information for Apple macOS users aware this malware's because this virus send our data and the virus designers misused our data, so always try to clear junk and use good antivirus software to protect our devices

I am not a Mac user but in future can be.I have to keep this in my mind because i am now at android and using Meta 4 trader of XM trading company.Which is from their official site.Traders who use mobile always have to put minor amount because mobile sets are not safe,they can be easily hacked.Where you can't do anything.Always guarded against hacker when you are online because your safety is in your hands.

Though i am not a mac user and not a forex trader still Thanks for the advice and information. This will Help many people from losing his precious data to those hackers. 

• +1 1

■   ■   ■   ■   ■   ■     PEER-TO-PEER MULTI-BLOCKCHAIN SYSTEM     ■   ■   ■   ■   ■   ■

━━━━━ ━━━━ ━━━ ━━ ━    Free TON    ━ ━━ ━━━ ━━━━ ━━━━━━

|► DECLARATION OF DECENTRALIZATION |   FORUM   |   TON SURF   |► BECOME AN AMBASSADOR |

1 hour ago, Syedbesharat said:

I am not a Mac user but in future can be.I have to keep this in my mind because i am now at android and using Meta 4 trader of XM trading company.Which is from their official site.Traders who use mobile always have to put minor amount because mobile sets are not safe,they can be easily hacked.Where you can't do anything.Always guarded against hacker when you are online because your safety is in your hands.

This will help all the crypto traders to protect their accounts not only for mac users but their is possibility to attack window users because majority is window users that do their all the crypto transactions on their PC without any fear of hacking and most attacks appears on those who goes to malicious websites and download their and software .💖

Hackers activity has increased this year significantly and they become a threat to crypto users in particular, them have a goal for these in order to steal personal data and use them in crypto wallets in order to steal money, I think Apple should update its protection system to meet any Attack from these hackers

• +2 1

On 7/21/2020 at 10:28 PM, Kuntum said:

It's really useful information for Apple macOS users aware this malware's. I think Apple should update its protection system to meet any Attack from these hackers

Apple has good protection system but unfortunately hackers have found the weakest points for a Trojan attack. In this case, they have created fake websites with malware loaded copied applications. Most of users may get confused because they have created website with the copied contents and design from the official websites for some apps. 

• +2 1

On 7/17/2020 at 6:23 PM, BTC Future said:

Spot on mate. There is no such thing like a safe heaven against virus; malwares developers don't sleep until they get their hands on your private keys and resulting your funds. The only ways to be safe are:

• Getting a good and payed antivirus.
  • Don't download unnecessary and malicious applications.
  • Avoid browsers extensions; they might be just as malicious as a virus.
  • +5 1

My Altcointalks username —° Raqeebzy

On 8/13/2020 at 10:47 PM, Raqeebzy said:

Avoid browsers extensions; they might be just as malicious as a virus.

This trick is looking dangerous! Once user install browser extensions, malware operators can easily monitor user's activities and cyber-criminals can even transfer the log files, screenshot or system information to steal everything from the device.

• Useful or interesting 1

26 minutes ago, Whited35 said:

This trick is looking dangerous! Once user install browser extensions, malware operators can easily monitor user's activities and cyber-criminals can even transfer the log files, screenshot or system information to steal everything from the device.

I am in particular very careful of extensions and my web activity in general, they're very sensitive and a single risk could make everything disappear. I always have my antivirus protection on in case of unavoidable ones. I get notified and take the right steps asap.

• +1 1

My Altcointalks username —° Raqeebzy

@Whited35 Though the security of apple is at top level and mac is also popular for that. And integration of Gmera in Apple application seems very dangerous. If they could bypass the apple security sure Mac users must be worried for their system and be more protective than before. 

• +3 1

NOTHING I SAY IS FINANCIAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD USE YOUR MIND ,FOR YOUR MONEY,

2 hours ago, Ridam said:

@Whited35 Though the security of apple is at top level and mac is also popular for that. And integration of Gmera in Apple application seems very dangerous. If they could bypass the apple security sure Mac users must be worried for their system and be more protective than before. 

@Ridam That's why apple is looking aggressive against cryptocurrency. Hackers are preferring cryptocurrency to cheat users because once they successfully make the attacks to loot the funds, it will be very hard to reveal their personal identity due to encryption nature of Blockchain technology. 

• +4 1

3 minutes ago, Whited35 said:

@Ridam That's why apple is looking aggressive against cryptocurrency. Hackers are preferring cryptocurrency to cheat users because once they successfully make the attacks to loot the funds, it will be very hard to reveal their personal identity due to encryption nature of Blockchain technology. 

Now I understand it means those attacks that apple mac is suffering has also payed significant role for drawing attention of Apple towards Crypto currency. Hence they are becoming more restrictive towards the security of Apple devices.

• +4 1

NOTHING I SAY IS FINANCIAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD USE YOUR MIND ,FOR YOUR MONEY,

Thank you for reporting the news, although I do not use Mac, but is there any chance for this virus to transfer to the Windows operating system? So we can take precautions

Many fraud methods, many hacking methods, information security is now considered one of the most important areas in the world, we live in a time when hacking our information has become a threat to everything we have. Blockchain technology has provided us with a wonderful and safe solution to preserve assets, so we should benefit from this feature.

Hack attacks on wallets are very common these days, the truth is that every time that technology advances, hackers also advance and then it is like a fight that will never end, you will only have to fight each time to protect yourself from these attacks. Mac users are preparing with new software to stop and trace them and implant an even stronger Trojan to clean the information obtained

Wow! It seemed to me that there were no viruses on the Mac, because Apple always guaranteed protection, and that there would be no viruses! And then, Bang! And some kind of virus has appeared that can steal all your data. I think it's not so difficult to solve, but still, it's difficult!

• Useful or interesting 1

On 10/15/2020 at 1:15 AM, TimopheyKa said:

Wow! It seemed to me that there were no viruses on the Mac, because Apple always guaranteed protection, and that there would be no viruses! And then, Bang! And some kind of virus has appeared that can steal all your data. I think it's not so difficult to solve, but still, it's difficult!

@TimopheyKa Hackers managed to arrange a phishing sites to make attack successful. After this incident, Apple is looking aggressive to allow cryptocurrency related platforms on iOS and their macOS. I think they are now extremely serious to protect the privacy of the users. 

We must keep updating the protection and security tools for our computer constantly, installing a powerful and updated antivirus to the latest version, and continuing to update the database to provide the best possible protection, because things are getting more dangerous day by day and those hackers are developing their means.

• +1 1

There have been applications on the Apple Store that contain the Trojan horse virus, which works by collecting material revenues by sending fraudulent advertisements to devices, and then opening Internet pages without interference from the user of the device, to benefit from, for example, the service of payment for clicking on the links . And Apple announced that it has removed these suspicious apps.

• +1 1

On 10/25/2020 at 3:16 PM, SuperCrypto said:

There have been applications on the Apple Store that contain the Trojan horse virus, which works by collecting material revenues by sending fraudulent advertisements to devices, and then opening Internet pages without interference from the user of the device, to benefit from, for example, the service of payment for clicking on the links . And Apple announced that it has removed these suspicious apps.

@SuperCryptoAt least it was the great step from Apple to protect the users from all around the world as scammers will be always searching for the bugs or weakest points to make a successful attack. I am expecting the strict steps from Google too as there still so many malicious apps to steal the user's sensitive data. 

• +2 1

It always be happened because we all know that the hackers try to hack and always introduce the new methods and we give it new name.