Keybase Mobile App - Mobile Apps - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Whited35

Keybase Mobile App

1200px-Keybase_logo_official_svg.thumb.png.77833093021328e17bcd85fa62e4acbe.png

Keybase is the best and secure messaging and file-sharing app which is supported on Android, iOS, macOS, and Linux. It has a built-in Stellar wallet where you can securely store, receive, and send your XLM balance. It is completely free to use and another interesting fact is, this app does not show any sorts of aggressive ads to irritate you while using.

Some of the interesting facts about Keybase:-

• Last time Keybased launched one of the biggest airdrop named "The Big Stellar Space Drop" with the help of SDF(Stellar Development Foundation).
  • It is an open-source platform you can check here https://github.com/keybase/client
  • It has more than 407,163 active users from all around the world 
  • It supports different wallet addresses like Bitcoin, Zcash, and Stellar, etc
  • On May 7, 2020, Keybase was acquired by Zoom Video Communications

Advantages over other similar Apps
This app has so many exceptional features. If you are concerned about the security of your personal chatting messages, it can be the best option for you because all messages are secure, end-to-end encrypted. The developer team has a long story behind it. They have worked very hard to make it the best messaging app. You can also check it to feel the difference. By using the Keybase app, you can write securely to any twitter, Reddit, Facebook, GitHub, and hacker news user. It supports multi-device: your messages survive and transfer with encryption to new phones & computers.

Development team 
Chris Coyne, Max Krohn, others

Photo

teams-splash-announcement.thumb.png.e6c77517a1fbc757ed5665af2338e5a8.png

Brief instructions for use

• First of all, decide on which device are you planning to install Keybase software. I have included download links for some major OS below.
  • Now, install the app on your device
  • Fill in your profile with the required information and Prove ownership of other supported accounts(social media accounts) / websites inside the app.
  • At last, do not forget to create a paper key which is very important to access your account in the future. I suggest you create at least one paper key and link your account with another device say your PC. 

(Note:-Myself, I have tested this app. If you have any doubts and questions, you might ask me questions on this topic. Thanks for your time😊.) 

Relevant links

• https://keybase.io/
  • For iOS devices:-https://apps.apple.com/us/app/keybase-crypto-for-everyone/id1044461770
  • For Android:-https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=io.keybase.ossifrage&hl=en
  • For Windows Devices:-https://keybase.io/docs/the_app/install_windows
  • https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keybase
Edited by Whited35
Minor error in texts.
  • +1 2
  • +2 3
  • +3 1
  • +4 3
  • +5 4

I did use keybase months ago for a supposed XLM airdrop that I never got. Basically I liked the app and I did spend enough time to make everything as required, but in the end they gave me nothing. I know that they were overrun by scammers trying to profit from the airdrop, and I was not in the countries they banned from participating for this reason. Anyay I deleted the app disgruntled.

10 hours ago, Whited35 said:

On May 7, 2020, Keybase was acquired by Zoom Video Communications

I'm impressed by this one though. It seems that they had a good plan and they managed to boost numbers so much that they probably made many millions.

• +1 2
  • +2 3
  • +5 1

5 hours ago, BTC Future said:

I did use keybase months ago for a supposed XLM airdrop that I never got. Basically I liked the app and I did spend enough time to make everything as required

@BTC Future Fortunately, I was an early bird to receive more than $100 worth of free XLM. I still have 90% XLM holdings in my native XLM wallet on Keybase. Sadly,scammers came at the end otherwise they had a long plan to give free XLM to everyone. One of a developer Chris Coyne is very active on Twitter. He has said like they are launching soon some of the best campaigns to encourage so many Keybase users. You, as the best pal on this forum, I also recommend you to follow SDF and Keybase not to miss a single opportunity. I have been still using desktop version of Keybase which is insanely the best to have more secure conversation with dearest one 😉

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +1 1
  • +2 1
  • +4 2

12 minutes ago, Whited35 said:

I have been still using desktop version of Keybase which is insanely the best to have more secure conversation with dearest one 😉

Oh they have a desktop version? I will try it out then. Thanks @Whited35 ! I admit that the mobile app was looking good.

8 hours ago, BTC Future said:

Oh they have a desktop version? I will try it out then. Thanks @Whited35 ! I admit that the mobile app was looking good.

I have also included direct link to download desktop version of Keybase application in my topic above. They have recently fixed so many bugs on mobile version app. In the case of of stability, you may get surprised while using this app on your smartphone. 

• +1 2
  • +2 1
  • +4 1

yeah , I know about this app , Because in past I used it because my friend recommend it to me . this app having good feature , security and reputation in market .  again I think to install it 😉 

• +1 1

19797726_signatutelogo.jpeg.5619939f2adcfc45c33a5e7577232a71.jpeg

11 hours ago, gourav789 said:

yeah , I know about this app , Because in past I used it because my friend recommend it to me . this app having good feature , security and reputation in market .  again I think to install it 😉 

@gourav789 If you are XLM lover, this app can be the best to store them in it. Also it is the great app which has end to end message encryption features. If you want to have most secure conversation with your dearest one then this app can be your first choice 😉

• +1 1
  • +3 1

At first the review is great and as it is providing end to end  encryption we shouldn't be worried about our message being stored on foreign server. And it's the best features that I prefer. As messaging apps like Messenger by Facebook are using our messages for showing ads. I'm going to use this app and refer my friends over there so that we don't need to share our message with big companies.

• +1 1
  • +5 1

NOTHING I SAY IS FINANCIAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD USE YOUR MIND ,FOR YOUR MONEY,

On 7/8/2020 at 5:04 AM, Whited35 said:

@gourav789 If you are XLM lover, this app can be the best to store them in it. Also it is the great app which has end to end message encryption features. If you want to have most secure conversation with your dearest one then this app can be your first choice 😉

The first time I am hearing of this application, think I kind of like it features (esp. end-to-end encrypted chat) and it has a great user interface too. Maybe it will be a lot safer than other chat applications but only a few knows about this; Zoom acquiring it might do some magic with that. Thanks for this topic mate.

• +2 1
  • +3 1

My Altcointalks username —° Raqeebzy

51 minutes ago, Ridam said:

At first the review is great and as it is providing end to end  encryption we shouldn't be worried about our message being stored on foreign server.

I have tested this app and last time I earned a huge amount of XLM through their airdrop partnered with SDF.I have been still using Keybase on my PC. 

13 minutes ago, Raqeebzy said:

Maybe it will be a lot safer than other chat applications but only a few knows about this

Encrypted conversations, preloaded XLM wallet, XLM gifting features to the friends, light and stable app, etc all these things have made this app so special for us. Thanks for your feedback 😊

• +2 1

45 minutes ago, malik6314193 said:

One thing i want to ask that they pay anything on inviting my friends

No friend, currently they have no such promotional programs. Last time there was a massive airdrop from them. App is just the best with top class security so I am just focused to use this app due to its great features and user friendly UI 😊.

• +1 1

Thank you for sharing this application, my friend. Honestly, I have not heard of it before now, but it seems to me that it is good and beautiful, so I will download it and try it, and I hope that I will be able to benefit from it as much as possible. It is very important to correspond in a secure and encrypted way.

• +1 1
  • +3 1

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

On 9/6/2020 at 11:16 PM, Nezar said:

It is very important to correspond in a secure and encrypted way.

I am sure it will help you to establish a secure communications between your friends and dearest one. The best thing is it has native XLM wallet and I have been using it to give surprise XLM to friends. Really it is a fun way to gift our friends by using Keybase. 

• +1 1

On 6/30/2020 at 12:44 PM, Whited35 said:

It has a built-in Stellar wallet

If you want to hold stellar using wallet, I will advise you to use a safer wallet like hardware wallets, or an online wallet hat is already reputed and safe to use. Atomic wallet can be good for he online ones rather tan using such this app. 

• +1 1

15 minutes ago, Yomose said:

If you want to hold stellar using wallet, I will advise you to use a safer wallet like hardware wallets, or an online wallet hat is already reputed and safe to use. Atomic wallet can be good for he online ones rather tan using such this app. 

@Yomose It is verified by SDF itself. Previously there was a massive airdrop with a co-ordination with SDF. I do not use it to hold XLM for a long time. In my investment portfolio, there is not much XLM holdings so I am fine with it.Thanks for your suggestion anyway. 

• +1 3

I downloaded this application and I am using it safely, but I searched for computer copies but did not find an official version. Is there an official version of the application for desktop

5 minutes ago, Zaino34 said:

I downloaded this application and I am using it safely, but I searched for computer copies but did not find an official version. Is there an official version of the application for desktop

@Zaino34 Yes, I have been using its desktop version for a long time. Which OS are you using on your PC ? If it is Windows 10 OS, you might give a try here https://keybase.io/docs/the_app/install_windows . Actually, it is stable on desktop too 😉

• +1 1
  • +3 1

The app is interesting it has many good features and user Friendly and there is no ads than can distracted you while using thanks i Appreciate

• +1 1

On 9/15/2020 at 11:03 AM, REVEN1234 said:

Here messages and files go faster and it's much faster.

All your messages will be highly encrypted. If you are highly concerned regarding privacy of your messages, you might give a try on this app. 

On 9/16/2020 at 5:25 PM, mahmud93 said:

The app is interesting it has many good features and user Friendly and there is no ads than can distracted you while using thanks i Appreciate

Have you used this app before? Its PC version also works perfectly. I have been using it on both PC and smartphone. Recent upgrade is highly stable. They have fixed several bugs.

20 hours ago, Arsal Raees said:

It is a great platform. Keybase appears to be very secure. End-to-end encryption on everything by default is great, and the few issues that were cited in their third-party audit were fixed by early 2019. Add that I've not seen any reports of the Keybase system being hacked, ever, and this looks to be a very secure system.

Highly secure messaging app in my experience. The developer team has spent a long time to create this masterpiece for us. It's been already 1 years, I have been using this cool app without any fears. All private messages are encrypted and protected. 

• +2 1

Keybase actually ensures sharing of information and data between 2 end users, hosting of code,...... it is designed to keep chats securely and safely from third parties. Keybase helps to claim account and identity, which means that it helps to solve the problem of anyone creating a fake account on your behalf i.e by allowing you to prove your online identity. It offers such a secure service for its users. 

17 hours ago, Liliz said:

Keybase actually ensures sharing of information and data between 2 end users, hosting of code,...... it is designed to keep chats securely and safely from third parties. Keybase helps to claim account and identity, which means that it helps to solve the problem of anyone creating a fake account on your behalf i.e by allowing you to prove your online identity. It offers such a secure service for its users. 

In order to prevent frauds, the encryption system of Keybase is highly advanced. They have built in Stellar XLM wallet which has made the things easier to gift XLM to the dearest one. I have been sending XLM gifts to the friends from Keybase app. 

I heard first time from you about this apication .l am very thankful to you to sharing this site with us .

According to your self its a really amazing site.

I also try it.

Key base is for keeping chat and file safe it is a like a secure safe where you can put your data without any risk you can log in by your gmail.

• +1 1

By your post it seems to be really beneficial app by which we can secure our mobile and increase the security of our mobile phone . Which makes its unique. And it also have many amazing features.

• +1 1