ERC 20 wallet is safe?? - Wallets - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Jin12321

ERC 20 wallet is safe??

Hello dear friends ,

ACTUALLY I want to explain my experience with the erc 20 wallet. I guess some of you would have the same problem. Actually last year 2019 I had joined an airdrop named tratok token. To get that token , the participants had to submit kyc . And to get that token we had to submit our my ether Wallet ( ERC 20 wallet) like every airdrop ask usually. And at that time the token price was good. I would get almost 100$ of profit if I would sell that token. But the admin/ custodian of the tratok didn't allow us to sell , if someone try to sell tokens , tokens will get back to custodian of tratok. So this is one part of mine.

Now this year 2020  I just checked the ROI of tratok token in coimparketcap and Decided to buy some tratok from mercatox exchange. And after that I decided to transfer that tokens from exchange wallet to my erc 20 wallet. And within one hour my tratok tokens were gone ( the airdrop amount+ my purchased token) . And when I checked the contract I'd , I found that the admin/ custodian of tratok took my tokens. I contacted with them , firstly say I was doing something wrong , and thn no response.

I was quite shocked. I mean HOW??

I usually use metamask to login to my account.

Take necessary precautions to login , didn't share any private things , expect my wallet address.

Thn how it's possible.

Many tratok holders had the same problems, and if someone try to raise voice in their twitter handle , admin banned that person.

And after some day , an expert said to me , they had made the contact in such a way that if I try to move my airdrop tokens from ecr 20 wallet , all tokens will go automatically to their wallet, the transaction won't need any authorisation from you.

Seriously this thing really upset me a lot.

Because if someone give us an airdrop amount , can take those amounts later on from us, without our authorisation. Because we don't know how they make their contract.

This is my experience with etc 20 wallet.

Hope you understand my feelings. 

• +1 3
  • +3 2
  • +5 1

YOUengine-cryptotalk.png.1b97428013cd5e22dded12580a65a229.png

I think erc20 wallet is safe but it's your fault that you didn't read the policy and agreement because most of the investors don't read agreement  and they get scammed and don't waste you time in airdrops. Some of them are good but most of them are only scam.

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +1 2

If talking about Myether wallet, it is very safe, it is owned by ethereum platform, if this kind of wallet is hacked, it is as a result of the wallet users fault. The wallet on its own is safe. 

4 hours ago, Izeal said:

Some of them are good but most of them are only scam.

Airdrops need to be researched about before participating in it. Like you have said, some are scam that lead to phishing attacks or malware installation. 

Most ERC20 wallets are safe (myetherwallet, Trustwallet) aslong is you use them propertly. First rule is never give your privat key to anyone.

• +1 2

16 hours ago, fratrad said:

Most ERC20 wallets are safe (myetherwallet, Trustwallet) aslong is you use them propertly. First rule is never give your privat key to anyone.

You have to be specific but you did though, but also have to talked about scam erc-20 wallets, some can be scam. The ones you mentioned are good and one of the best but you need to include atomic wallet to it. 

• +1 1

Hi. I've heard a similar story about this token in the past. Here are my points about all this:

1) Don't ever do KYC for airdrops, why would any project demand for KYC for an airdrop anyway? You risk your private information for the possibility to get $100.

2) The ERC20 wallets are not responsible for this as it must have been code in the contract that was executed. Although I haven't seen this happening with any other ERC20 token, still I've read that the coins were swapped into a new coin and anyone that didn't participate in the swap has had this happened. This is ridiculous and any token doing that is not worth any attention.

• +1 1
  • +2 1
  • +3 1

14 minutes ago, EmiKanNi said:

You have to be specific but you did though, but also have to talked about scam erc-20 wallets, some can be scam. The ones you mentioned are good and one of the best but you need to include atomic wallet to it. 

There are other three I like, coinomi, enjin and imtoken wallet. I prefer to use the imtoken for bounties because it add the token automatically immediately I receive the token. 

• +1 1

I don't think anyone  hack erc20 token wallet easily, because this wallets use all security systems like they provide 2 keys one public key and private key, we only share public key anyone to receive tokens but how your wallet hack I can't understand I think you share private key are installed any malware app, are any unwanted link you open virus collect your data and send the hackers so its your mistake.

• +1 1

Quite serious case ! I wonder , did they ask you to submit wallet's private key or ask you to connect your wallet mentioning like they need to verify your wallet ? Maybe they have control over your wallet otherwise just token locking/freeze can be possible for them as ethereum network just allow push payment which means there is no way to pullback your sent tokens.Seriously, no any sort of ERC-20 wallets are responsible for this case. 

• +2 1

Yes my friend that this wallet is very safe and has more than one method and system of protection and it is very difficult to penetrate and steal it if we do not share the login information with others and I use this wallet to store some new codes

Hello Friend,  Myetherwallet is Best wallet with Their strong Security System. It is never will hack. But for our Mistake, we can lost our Private key or any Personal information about Myetherwallet. Oneday i submitted my Myetherwallet private key a Fake and Scam Idex exchange website and Lost my Private Key with some Token.        

• -2 1
  • +3 1

YOUengine-cryptotalk (1).png

It depends on the erc 20 wallet, there are few good ones like the official wallet myetherwallet, metamask, coinomi, and imtokens. There are still few other ones that are good and safe. 

I never knew that it is possible too, that the tokens from your wallet could be transferred from your wallet to another wallet without your authorization, it is shoking and fearing too, There must be other people doing same too, so be care

On 6/26/2020 at 5:25 AM, Izeal said:

I think erc20 wallet is safe but it's your fault that you didn't read the policy and agreement because most of the investors don't read agreement  and they get scammed and don't waste you time in airdrops. Some of them are good but most of them are only scam.

That means participating on airdrops is not blockchain wallet responsibility? Well, I have already known that airdrops are mostly scam and I prefer to be so anonymous and I can not even use a wallet that require KYC or email during set up. 

• +3 1

Yes my friend This wallet is very safe and has a protection system that is difficult for hackers to enter and steal your money through, in addition to many features that you can try as well.

On 6/30/2020 at 3:12 AM, BetajBadsha said:

Hello Friend,  Myetherwallet is Best wallet with Their strong Security System. It is never will hack. But for our Mistake, we can lost our Private key or any Personal information about Myetherwallet. Oneday i submitted my Myetherwallet private key a Fake and Scam Idex exchange website and Lost my Private Key with some Token.        

You ate right, MEW has proved itself to be safe, it is not surprising as it its the official ethereum wallet, I have used the for so long without any hack until I change to coinomi and atomic that support more cryptocurrencies. But it is a good wallet if talking about security.