Why is there a big difference in the price of Bitcoin on different sites? - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
MyThoughts

Why is there a big difference in the price of Bitcoin on different sites?

I checked on the Internet, on one site Bitcoin costs $8110, on the other $8125.
Here the difference is small and everything is clear to me.
And on Yobit, Bitcoin costs $8700.
Who can answer why?

Sell/Buy music, sound fx, video footage, photos, vector images and more
for projects, movies and any commercial purposes

https://www.motionelements.com

Nowadays, prices crashing after the ICO or IEO is more about project health and development instead of dumping.In fact, I would say that the vast majority of these new coins crash because there is no trading volume.There aren't any buyers or sellers.In that case, the price will quickly fall and never recover since a baseline was never established to begin with.Also, with no demand or utility for the coin, you can expect it to never rise.As far as the 40% discount goes, that is just bad tokenomics.Highly inflated or deflated prices are never sustainable.If there such a huge discount, then I would stay away from the project.

This is so true. None of them that claims they backed by hard assets were true. Even Tether is proven to be running as a fractional reserve. Another unbelievable asset-backed coin is Petro, cryptocurrency by Maduro's government which is turning out to be scam.

in every exchange they may have a different fee for cashing out the USD to bank, based on that fee you may see different prices on different exchanges

for example in an exchange with 2% of USD withdrawal fee you may see 2 percent higher prices

15 minutes ago, Mohs3n71 said:

in every exchange they may have a different fee for cashing out the USD to bank, based on that fee you may see different prices on different exchanges

for example in an exchange with 2% of USD withdrawal fee you may see 2 percent higher prices

Why do people still withdrawal to cash and lose that 2%? I sell on localbitcoin with 5% more and have it sent to my bank account and thats better than losing 2%.

this could be due to exchanges that have the same bitcoin value, but it depends on each platform that has their own volume level, more precisely it depends on the exchange volume.

On 24.10.2019 at 00:25, Mohs3n71 said:

Yes, but this is not about 2%, here we are talking about 7,5 %, as a result of which significant differences in price are seen.
I told you, I can understand when the price in one place is $ 8100, and in another let it even be $ 8250. Here it's about 2 %.
But when $ 8100 and $ 8700 are already a big difference in my opinion.

Thanks anyway for the answer.
I roughly understood the meaning of all the answers about different prices in different places and about the trading volume...

Many factors affect the price difference. but it’s absolutely certain that if the price is very attractive, then a commission or service charge will eat up the benefits.

On 10/4/2019 at 8:01 AM, MyThoughts said:

Who can answer why?

This is normal because of the trading volumes of different exchanges. If there are a lot of buyers on one exchange it will have higher prices than an exchange where there are more sellers. Generally the prices even out over time though.

Click to get free Crypto from the best faucets:
Bicoin, Ethereum, Monero, DogeBytecoin, Digibyte, Steem, Tron, Verge, Siacoin

That is what we call arbitration, it is very common, especially in Exchanges as Bitmex that has volumes by pure bots.

2 hours ago, williamz902 said:

This is normal because of the trading volumes of different exchanges. If there are a lot of buyers on one exchange it will have higher prices than an exchange where there are more sellers. Generally the prices even out over time though.

I realized that such differences in the price of a cryptocurrency are due to the volume of trading on the exchange.
But thanks anyway for the answer.

It's because the price today depends on the traders and thus it vary with different exchanges also some traders uses this opportunity and perform arbitrage.

Coz the traders are not the same at all exchanges :)

How price changes? Buyers bid and seller put sell order on their desired amount. When both meets, a trade occurs and the price get changes.

On different exchanges, people put sell order at their own and buyers bid as their targeted amount. That's why we can see the difference among exchanges to exchanges. That's where the arbitrage comes from, people utilize this price different to have some profit.

Cryptography has a concept of trading. Every trader registering for a particular bitcoin cryptocurrency exchange has a concept of what a delta is.

The big differences noticed with Bitcoin prices across different exchanges is due to the fact the cryptomarket is a free market and the price one exchange is not subjected to the price on the other.

Just now, playerduo said:

it depends on the local currency exchange rate in each exchange, many people do arbitase because of the big difference, but the price of btc is very fast changing, if we do arbitase we are often hampered by the network and the ability to speed delivery from exchange 1 to other exchanges so we miss high prices

Arbitrage is sometimes risky just because of this. You may lose significant amount provided that for getting faster confirmation, you have to pay a significant fee. By that time, price of the coin may reduce as well on that exchange.

On the other hand, most of the times, some exchanges pump coins for a shorter time. If it happens, it's likely that anyone trying to get benefited from that will lose.

Demand and supply is the first reason.Sometimes if something bad or good happens at anywhere then Bitcoin goes to up at there.Because people want to hold their money at a coin that is safe.If they keep it in banks then maybe governments will they take that money

Different price i think is natural. As we know bitcoin is big and expensive cryptocurrency and we can see price movement very volatile

That is normal. The value of each cryptocurrencies changes in real time and has always been dependent on exchanges on different sites. The most trusted one is the coinmarketcap. They provides average and precisely data for each coins and has been there for so long. 

On 10/4/2019 at 11:01 AM, MyThoughts said:

Who can answer why?

There is big difference in differnt market. Because this techniques work for arbitrage and other liquidity. Arbitrage works when you have at least 30minutes to 1 hour. Suppose you have 1 BTC on yobit and the price of BTC is 8000 on yobit. Then you have to sell agains USDTE or other stable coin. Once you sell then you will transfer that amount to Binance and the binance have the price 7500-7600 at that time. The you will again Buy BTC which will almost 1.03-1.05 BTC and after deducting fees if you even get 1.03 BTC on yobit then you made a good profit from arbitrage 🙂 . This happen in almost all markets and this is the best techniques to make instant profit. Any way the title was difference so it depend on country and timezong of origin of exchange.

• Useful or interesting 1

Utopia Ecosystem Technology Starts Here 😄

23 minutes ago, salakka said:

Different price i think is natural. As we know bitcoin is big and expensive cryptocurrency and we can see price movement very volatile

Agreed, the decentralized system of blockchain makes it hard to calculate its exact value as it changes in real time. Every second in cryptocurrencies matters. 

It's usually caused by the lack of liquidity on those exchanges. Low liquidity makes people make unreasonable offers just because others may not have much other choices (withdrawing and moving to another exchange may be costlier).

Another possible cause is the start of a sudden change in price. But that doesn't last long, within a few blocks (usually within 1 block) the price usually equalize.

And another cause is the coin of reference. 1 USDT is not always 1 USD and this may confuse many traders. The difference is not that big usually, but there were some strange periods too.

Last case that comes into my mind is when an exchange has difficulties. If fiat withdrawals don't work well, people will buy Bitcoin to withdraw and will increase the price there. And since there are problems with the exchange the arbitrage bots may stay away.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
|           If you have a good offer for my signature space or you need Romanian translation PM me.           |
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
|     Let's share the referral commission equallyhttps://www.binance.com/en/register?ref=LN1VWYR6     |
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

i think this is because the traders and the volatility in the exchanges ,  like an example the volatility in binance is too high so you can bitcoin moving so fast but the volatility in yobit is low somhow so the bitcoin dump and pump slowly .

9 minutes ago, iloveyobit said:

i think this is because the traders and the volatility in the exchanges ,  like an example the volatility in binance is too high so you can bitcoin moving so fast but the volatility in yobit is low somhow so the bitcoin dump and pump slowly .

every coins price in USD of market of yobit is higher because it has a high withdraw fee for USD and the USD in yobit is worth less then