They need KYC to verify us, how can we verify them too? - Page 4 - About Forum - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Calvinpriva

They need KYC to verify us, how can we verify them too?

Every exchange needs kyc (know your customer) for Anti money londring Laws .. its to be good .a hidden one of the truth is tax and goverments need everones money sending reciving data. coz of block market

Not because a site requires KYC, it is not a guarantee that it is not fraud, there are many ways to tell us if a certain project is real or not, for example, verify your social networks, if you have a better website, what opinion other people have about the site and more

Yes, That's why I am very Hesitant to Use our exchange that requires KFC just to trade on them. I mean why ? why do i need to verify me , i have my funds and i should be able to trade i am not taking anything from you ,you are just benefiting out of it . So i don't really use the exchanges that have strict rules for KYC and thats why i like Yobit. And how can i trust you with my information and be sure you will not sell it to anyone else just for a few bucks?

It makes no sense for the site to request KYC. It's not necessary, it's not a Scam I trust them, it's just that scammers can steal and use our data

• Useful or interesting 1

Tragically there are no any destinations that can survey all the current and new crypto locales . It relies on our aptitude and information to recognize all trick destinations and furthermore we can watch that ventures whitepaper , their social medias to know trick or genuine.

On 6/4/2020 at 5:33 AM, Calvinpriva said:

Hi friends,

Have you ever think about this? There are many projects which nowadays they need KYC to verify us if we are legit members or scammers, many people believe in KYC sites they think they are the most trusted sites! But unfortunately, even scam sites are now using KYC verification to assure you that they are safe! 

What can we have to verify that they are safe so that we can upload our documents to them?  My suggestion: It will be good if there will be the main website for all crypto project sites that will review them and assure us of our safety if they are legit. That site can work like Coingecko or CMC but it will list mining sites, trading sites, lending sites, airdrop sites and other related projects. 

Just like gambling sites they have their license numbers from gambling boards, this review site will also give unique license number to those sites which will review so that we can join only projects with those license numbers for our safety. Believe me, this will help very much to reduce scammers, and it will increase profit to many crypto users.

You are welcome to reply.

Well now that you mention it, it seems like an excellent suggestion. If a regulatory center existed, it would be much easier to choose projects to participate in. And the most important thing is that we would not waste our time with fake campaigns that only seek to get a database or free advertising provided through our unpaid work.

Thank you for raising this topic for discussion, which will cause some to think carefully about sending their documents to any site without carefully researching the authenticity of these sites.
I think that there are several ways to find out, including searching for their site on the ground as well as searching for legal documents and who supports these publishers and are they owners of large capitals and big investors in the market
These are some of the things that can help

" KYC authentication is of course important, in terms of fraud and fraud, we need to analyze the project we will authenticate well, examine it well and then do it well, because if you lose this information to fraudsters, we may be exposed to all kinds of bad consequences, we must be very, very careful."

I think we have to go through a lot of information to get through this step. It is often the case that we may not have all the information they need.

• -1 1

Totally agree with you mate.I didn't even think about it.I have given my documents to so many sites I can't even count.Now i am really scared if they do something bad with it.The idea you gave can really remove scammers from cryptoworld.Thanks for bringing that wondering idea to us.We must look forward to it

There are platforms that are responsible for searching and questioning many projects, for example there is Alert Scam, basically the web recommends secure platforms and in turn places a list of possible scammers online.

Similarly, in my opinion, sending a KYC is to give away the data, since lately many Exchanges have been exposed when hacked.

This is very much true. Just like vi screen out spammers out of this forum it is also necessary that the users should be able to screen out scammers through the use of KYC. This will give us a more automatic and genuine site which we could trust and provide our private information without much threat. I hope something of this sort will be introduced which would be really helpful to all users.

On 6/4/2020 at 1:09 PM, rekter said:

There are already sites that "verify" gambling sites like Curacao Gaming, but i really wouldn't put any trust on them.

I really don't believe that there can be one reviewing standard for basically borderless sites, without somekind od highly sophisticated decentalied regulatory system. Every project would bribe them to list as legit project just like every ico reviewing site has done.

Even with DAO like entity, voters would likely be just paid to vote by the scam site.

i think when it comes to betting and gambling sites its ok to verify because its the only way they can trust its you who is withdrawing the money out, but when it comes to exchanges i think we already have enough security like 2FA and phone number.

• +1 1
  • +4 1

19 minutes ago, duncun007 said:

i think when it comes to betting and gambling sites its ok to verify because its the only way they can trust its you who is withdrawing the money out, but when it comes to exchanges i think we already have enough security like 2FA and phone number.

Sure, but i wasn't talking about that. I was talking about the verfication of the legitimity of the gambling site, not about verifying the security of the user. For an user, google 2fA is quite enough.

• +1 2
  • +3 1

most of those sites are hard to complete their KYC. Also scam sites are now requiring KYC so i believe a website to review them would help to discover legit and fake KYC projects.

It must be very frustrating that after spending hours working hard we do not get the results we expect, I am a new member and I do not have that much experience but according to what I have read, your posts may be being removed by the moderators for some reason, you can chat them to see what is happening.

• +1 1
  • +3 1

It is always essential to verify if a website is real before using it because there are many scam sites that trick people and finally end up stealing their earnings and if we verify such scam sites, I think they should be reported or posted about so other members can avoid them as well.

• +3 1

There is no way we can verify the team or people that are behind the project, there are only links to their profile of linkedin or twitter there is nothing more on the name of information of the team of any project.

Basically those who are scammers are mostly experienced.  So to hide your account and all your information from these scammers, you have to fill in the KYC and login to your account.  Completing this KYC keeps your information much safer and less likely to cause damage

Edited by Artugul78

Most of the investment sites and platforms require the KYC feature, where we do not know if they are legitimate sites or just fraudulent sites that want to benefit from our documents, so I avoid using such sites because I do not like sharing my personal documents.

I do not prefer subscribing to sites that require confirmation of identity because they infringe on our privacy and our personal data, and we are in a crypto world that should always be distinguished by privacy, anonymity and financial freedom. And the request to confirm identity reduces the importance of working with cryptocurrencies because it takes from them the most important features, which are privacy and decentralization.

• +1 1
  • +3 1

There are many sites that require kyc, and this may put our personal information at risk, so I do not prefer to work with such applications and sites, and I prefer to work with sites that do not need kyc because they are more protective of privacy, as they do not need to obtain our personal information to withdraw and register on the site