Do you use one or more Bitcoin addresses? - Page 11 - Bitcoin - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
hexwin

Do you use one or more Bitcoin addresses?

actually i personally have a whole lot of these bitcoin address as a result of the very different crypto wallets i have tried out, but its a good thing that i finally sticked to using one, although its good to have multiple so that when yo suspect scam you use the wallet you can afford to risk then use the private wallet for legit crypto stuffs. 

I have used more than 50 NYC addresses, one transactions one address. I do not use one address for two or many transactions. It can lead to dust attack. 

2 hours ago, lovecrypto19 said:

Why do that? I think even one bitcoin address is anonymous. If the address does not have assets, it is better to just use one address.

One address can't be protective, if you are kind of person that fluently perform transactions, it is better for you to have different address because of security

16 hours ago, lovecrypto19 said:

Interesting what you say, but so far I only use one bitcoin address for each bitcoin transaction. Because I don't have a lot of funds, I don't think I need to have a lot of bitcoin addresses.

If you can activate automatic change of address, after each transaction you did, it will change to another and it will improve the safety of your assets, but you said that the bitcoin you have isn't reasonable, so you can stick to one address

On 4/23/2020 at 11:58 AM, Peter Urban said:

There are many wallets which are making you every time other wallet to make bigger privacy for you and untill you will not send all of that money to some other wallet no one will know, that it is your wallet. So it is better to use more wallets.

More wallets is different from different addresses, you might end of using a fake phishing wallets, you should better stick to only to wallet that are known

On 4/23/2020 at 11:58 AM, Peter Urban said:

There are many wallets which are making you every time other wallet to make bigger privacy for you and untill you will not send all of that money to some other wallet no one will know, that it is your wallet. So it is better to use more wallets.

More wallets is different from different addresses, you might end of using a fake phishing wallets, you should better stick to only to wallet that are known

On 4/22/2020 at 10:33 AM, BitcryptoHan said:

I have used more than 50 NYC addresses, one transactions one address. I do not use one address for two or many transactions. It can lead to dust attack. 

wow thats a new one, i certainly have never heard of this very terminology you just used here saying it could lead to dust attack, if this is actually relating to crypto, could you please expatiate on the term so i could also improve my crypto vocabulary. 

I have different bitcoin address for different purposes. Its not wise to keep all of your bitcoin in one place and also for different purpose you need to allocate your assets in different addresses. I have hardware wallets where i keep most of my holdings safe and a portion of it is in exchanges where i trade.

468x60-3.png

so my bitcoin wallet address providers allow me to creat more than one bitcoin account excluding the default bitcoin account that comes with it but when ever i make any transactions it is all stored in the default account, is there any implications to this.? 

17 hours ago, hunasaloow said:

Everyone should be familiar with the use of different addresses, which is ideally suited to a more anonymous meaning for bitcoin. As a bounty hunter, having a few bitcoin addresses will make them banned in the campaign or may be banned from the forum because they are considered fraudulent.

Why they could be banned in the campaign if they have few bitcoin addresses? I saw sone many users that commenting in this topic that has also few bitcoin addresses but they're not banned yet. So what it the reason why they could be banned for having few bitcoin addresses. 

23 hours ago, hunasaloow said:

Everyone should be familiar with the use of different addresses, which is ideally suited to a more anonymous meaning for bitcoin. As a bounty hunter, having a few bitcoin addresses will make them banned in the campaign or may be banned from the forum because they are considered fraudulent.

Using different bitcoin address is not bad and can not result to ban, only what I known that can results to ban is to use one address for two or more bounties. 

Thats true friend, if we will use many wallets which are different with others it will help us because we will be able to secure our money from being hacked than keep all coins in one wallet. 

Time is the ultimate weapon!

i have more than one bitcoin address but im holding btc in one wallet and for trading i usually work with other coins Because bitcoin's fee is high anyway. why should i be worried about tracking by someone even if they track me they wont have access to my assets because they dont have my private key.

On 10/19/2019 at 6:49 PM, hexwin said:

Do you use only one or more addresses for Bitcoin

Well, if you are talking about transaction that I am doing, well, I will say yes. I have many bitcoin address but most of the time, I only use one address as my main storage of bitcoin. It is because sometimes, my main wallet address is not compatible for receiving bitcoin, so I create many address and when I receive on those addresses, I will transfer it to my may wallet address.

I use more than one bitcoin address for different purposes because if I use one address I will be confused about how much I need to spend and what to spend. 

It is so good method to use many BTC address, in my opinion it is so hard to track many addresses and also about your transactions. But honestly l'm using just one BTC address. 

On 5/1/2020 at 7:57 AM, Summi said:

Since it is the exchange address you have nothing to worry about because it can not be hacked by anyone.

But the exchange can be hacked which will result to the Lost of the coins. It is better to have a better wallet to save your coins

On 5/3/2020 at 11:24 AM, DoboniAyuuii said:

@MrGox With the good reasons you said about using many but coin address, why do you still choose using one address when you know that using many addresses are not easy to track. 

That is why l'm just new here and more than that l don't still one more. Don't do, what l make, Just do what l said. 🙂 l know more addresses are helpful. l can not deny this fact. 

On 5/4/2020 at 3:32 PM, DoboniAyuuii said:

Some coins can be saved on exchanges, but not all, having $500 on exchanges during high market volatility is good because transactions time can make your asset to have reduced more than what you should gain when cryptocurrencies are falling in price. Use safe exchange. So, if not trading again, you can send the coins back to wallet. 

My advice is for you to store the amount that you want to trade at that moment, no exchange is safe nowadays, hackers are very active now and they can destroy the reputation of any exchanges

Yes i am also using many adresses while receiving btc, but if you use blockchain wallet then automatically the app generate different address so it becomes easy for us. And as you said about privacy generating different adress is one of the best option.

NOTHING I SAY IS FINANCIAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD USE YOUR MIND ,FOR YOUR MONEY,

On 10/19/2019 at 1:49 PM, hexwin said:

Do you use only one or more addresses for Bitcoin?

You should know that using only one address makes you much more easily tracked by anyone,
so best way is to always generate new address when receiving Bitcoin.
This is something everyone can do very easy, and makes you much more private when using Bitcoin.

What do you think about this?

Yeah i use different wallet addresses for receiving my pay outs, but when i use faucet site i forget to regenerate and change the wallet addresses but its better to change in order to became safer, 

1 hour ago, DoboniAyuuii said:

Using a safe exchange can be good, you can not expect me to store $ 500 on wallet when I am trading, although, wallets are safer but that does not mean using good and safe exchange will make you lose tour money. As for me, to be candid, I have certain amount to trade on exchanges but wallet are for saving. 

So do you mean you don't save in your wallet? I am into trading and I knew I have to keep some funds so as to keep my trading moving, but other funds are safely in my wallet. We need to have plan B always

Satoshi also said something about it, using different address for each transactions provide privacy for both the sender and the receiver. It is advisable to adopt this method, it will make your wallet less easy to track and hack. 

My Altcointalks username —° Raqeebzy

I completely agree with you. I used to use a wallet Coinomi previously and the Bitcoin address was changed every time it was used and I think this is really cool and positive and contributes to not hacking your wallet and stealing your money

In general, I use more bitcoin addresses more for security than anything else, currently there are many hacks to physical bitcoin wallets and many people fall for these scams because they do not know very well how to use these wallets, generally if it is advisable to have more of a bitcoin address, and from my point of view it is much safer to do so because that way I usually feel a little calmer when I handle my money online