Advice To Avoid Getting Scammed - For Beginners - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Cammer

Advice To Avoid Getting Scammed

3 minutes ago, Cammer said:

Hello dear members!

Let me give you a piece of advice. Do not put your main email address in weird or non-trusted websites because your email address can be compromised to spammers and you will get a lot of spam emails.

Thanks for the advice. I know a lot of people sell emails to anyone. These email addresses are targeted, which means that the seller knows everything about the owners of the emails.

• Useful or interesting 4
  • +1 2
  • +2 1
  • +3 1
  • +5 1

Just now, Bohana said:

Thanks for the advice. I know a lot of people sell emails to anyone. These email addresses are targeted, which means that the seller knows everything about the owners of the emails.

It is not wrong to sell email addresses to affiliate marketers or product managers, but it is very bad to sell them to scammers who tend to steal money.

• +3 2

Do not easily trust anything on the internet especially when they are encouraging you to give your personal information. Be aware and be wise all the time.

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +1 1
  • +3 1
  • +4 1

This is true we must not trust any new sites and if we are forced to put our email we must put mail we do not need and put a password that violates the password that we used for mail so that our account is not stolen

It`s bad tip but sometimes I use my main e-mail in different websites and it can be very dangerous, so I registered second e-mail and now I use it for all suspicious sites 

• -2 1
  • -1 1
  • +1 1
  • +5 1

1 hour ago, Cammer said:

Hello dear members!

Let me give you a piece of advice. Do not put your main email address in weird or non-trusted websites because your email address can be compromised to spammers and you will get a lot of spam emails.

Yeah this is the way some sites get our email address and send us bunch of spam email that they try to get our attentions, but this is not the only way they get our emails in so meany ways, if you want to know just create an email then don't use it, you will still gate bunch of spam messages.

• +1 2
  • +2 1

1 hour ago, nykas said:

It`s bad tip but sometimes I use my main e-mail in different websites and it can be very dangerous, so I registered second e-mail and now I use it for all suspicious sites 

I'm sorry, did you mean it is a good tip? Not bad tip.

Yes using a secondary email is way better than using your main email.

• +1 1
  • +3 2

6 minutes ago, Cammer said:

I'm sorry, did you mean it is a good tip? Not bad tip.

Yes using a secondary email is way better than using your main email.

It is good advice as a beginner might thing that it can be a hassle to make a new email, still it is always recommended not to use the same email that we use for ourselves with crypto apps. It is always better to use one that doesn't have your real name either. Someone by having the email, has half the required data. 

3 minutes ago, BTC Future said:

It is good advice as a beginner might thing that it can be a hassle to make a new email, still it is always recommended not to use the same email that we use for ourselves with crypto apps. It is always better to use one that doesn't have your real name either. Someone by having the email, has half the required data. 

Especially when a lot of us care about emails more than social media or even text messages. I hope that the beginners understand my message to them with this topic.

• +2 1
  • +3 2

Yes, but it is also possible to do a backup mail that contains the phone number and in this case we get an alert when anyone tries to enter our email because sometimes we have to put the email address to try a site

• +3 1
  • +4 1
  • +5 1

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

when you find a website you want to try, but you aren't trusting it fully, always use a fake email so you don't risk getting spammed or hacked

• +1 2
  • +3 1
  • +4 1

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                            bf_320x100.png

4 hours ago, Cammer said:

Hello dear members!

For sure, I also already received too many scammers email thats said they from in some platforms such as, yobit, binance and blockchain, and they always asking some of your details. 

• +3 1
  • +4 1
  • +5 1

When I was still new to crypto, I noticed doublers sites and phishing attack but they are cheap scam for me. The only one I fear ate malware on phones. I do not normally do business with unknown people. 

• +3 1
  • +4 1

Sharing information in any anonymous website domain can get you scammmed. The scammers always send phishing emails with tempting offer. People get greddy and enter to their site and share information or passcodes in order to achievesome money or cryptocurrencies. But that's the way they get hacked. So always check the domain before logging in. And also check whether there isn't any leak of information. 

• +1 2
  • +2 1
  • +3 1

I always review each site before joining it, there are many fake sites that can steal our online details if we will join them with our official email accounts. We have to be very careful so that we can be safe from them.

• +1 1
  • +4 4

Time is the ultimate weapon!

yeah, I never shared my personal Email adress to any platform becuase there is higher chance that we start receiving email from unknown user's .

I used a seperate email with sperate device, so I never got any emails from unknown user .

• +3 2

19797726_signatutelogo.jpeg.5619939f2adcfc45c33a5e7577232a71.jpeg

@CammerUsing secondary email while performing activities related to the cryptocurrencies is a smart way of avoiding scammers but if we visit on some malicious websites(no matter they were sent by scammers or you visited from the google search results) without premium and good quality antivirus software, it may bring another serious problems. 

• +4 1
  • +5 1

7 hours ago, Whited35 said:

@CammerUsing secondary email while performing activities related to the cryptocurrencies is a smart way of avoiding scammers but if we visit on some malicious websites(no matter they were sent by scammers or you visited from the google search results) without premium and good quality antivirus software, it may bring another serious problems. 

I advise you to use a secondary email address only when you are signing up for a suspicious website. Otherwise, use your own email address because it is safe with trusted websites.

21 hours ago, kizz said:

Do not easily trust anything on the internet especially when they are encouraging you to give your personal information. Be aware and be wise all the time.

I agree with you. I always search for the website before using it. If it is scam, I will not sign up for it with my email address or any personal information. 

• +1 1
  • +2 1

Hello my friend, I completely agree with you what you say because it is very bad for us to put our mail addresses into unknown and unreliable sites because these addresses can be hacked by scammers and hackers

• +2 2
  • +3 1

Being scammed is very easy these days for many reasons 

1- many newbies are joining this field and they don't know many things in this field ! 

2- many professianl hackers are joining this field too ! So I think scammed people are increasing day by day 

Yes, and don't forget to protect the secondary email as well with the strong password even though it might be temporary. Sometimes people can request password change and you can lose your account just because your secondary account didn't have strong enough password for it.

• +1 3
  • +2 1

Good adviec I agree with that ,I have a lot of email form scammers because i make this mistake ,but after i have stop giving my personal email to any one ,so any one should do that and be careful 

• +2 4

Well mate your advice really useful because present in online so many fake scam sites collect our email, and sell our data so without information don't put our email in any unknown sites, if we join any site then use another email not main email where we store our personal information.

• +2 3
  • +3 2
  • +5 1