Is Altcoin and Crypto the same? Here is the anwer! - Page 5 - Coins / Tokens Talk - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
teminalibug

Is Altcoin and Crypto the same? Here is the anwer!

On 12/31/2019 at 10:51 AM, teminalibug said:

Lol, i support that we create a thread on about forum on how to call these people, donkeys is fine by me.

About crytpo and altcoin, what should we call the coins that are forked, lets create a term for them too. let that thread have new new terms that are created my us, let me know if you are up for it.

Ok, let's do this. You create it and I will follow. Should we make a separate thread or just one? One for the real term and the other is CT term. You decide lol I will follow. About forked coin, let's call them "Forky" but I don't know maybe someone has a better idea.

Edited by Nakamoto
  • Useful or interesting 1

On 1/4/2020 at 1:06 PM, Nakamoto said:

Ok, let's do this. You create it and I will follow. Should we make a separate thread or just one? One for the real term and the other is CT term. You decide lol I will follow. About forked coin, let's call them "Forky" but I don't know maybe someone has a better idea.

Okay I'm doing it, gonna create a topic right now and tag your name.

On 1/5/2020 at 5:23 PM, teminalibug said:

Okay I'm doing it, gonna create a topic right now and tag your name.

What happens? The topic got deleted. Sorry, I'm late to see that topic. Someone, who reports it must be a donkey right? Oh nevermind. Or a donkey is too hard? do you have any better terms to tag those spammers?

6 hours ago, Nakamoto said:

What happens? The topic got deleted. Sorry, I'm late to see that topic. Someone, who reports it must be a donkey right? Oh nevermind. Or a donkey is too hard? do you have any better terms to tag those spammers?

I don't even know the topic got deleted, it was a good one, anyway maybe admins did not find it useful. anyway donkey should be it.

On 1/4/2020 at 1:21 PM, Ayan22 said:

No, yes there are crypto currency but alt coin mean before launch bitcoin and bitcoin is the king of crypto coin.

As all kings should have successors, what coin do you think will over power bitcoin someday?

1 hour ago, ethannbenny said:

Some people are still confusing if altcoin and crypto currency is still the same thing, yes altcoin and crypto currency are the same thing but just called it other crypto currency altcoin because bitcoin is the main crypto currency that everyone knows 

Why do you think alt coins emerged, were there any reason o need to have alternatives t bitcoin?

On 1/11/2020 at 11:27 AM, Compass said:

It is just the same thing.  Both of them are the crypto currency.  Alt can be the alternative choice of the bitcoin. But crypto and the alt coins are the two different things that exists   

It is not the same thing because bitcoin is not an altcoin but all alts and bitcoin are crypto, but the point is are all crypto except for bitcoin alts?

On 1/10/2020 at 11:28 PM, gordoncrypto said:

Good topic. True, altcoins represent anything that is not Bitcoin. They are usually tokens, meaning they are ERC20 coins built on ETH. There are now other options, including TRON and BNB networks, but ETH has brought more than any other. There are also altcoins that are forks of BTC, but they experience less flexibility and more coding skills in comparison overall.

Well nit that is confusing, you are saying that altcoins are token, i thought altcoins are anything that is not bitcoin but not tokens as well??!!

1 hour ago, tatimer said:

You were given it all incorrect,  Bitcoin is cryptocurrency but now not an alt-coin. Altcoins and Bitcoin are all cryptocurrency, all i used to be pronouncing is crypto and altcoins are two one of a kind matters.

The point of everything is crypto. By that means in crypto currency is Bitcoin and other coins. Whatever people say, whether it's crypto or altcoin. For me it's the same.

Thanks for sharing, you are right Altcoin and Crypto the same, so Bitcoin and Altcoin are both cryptocurrency, Altcoin is a crypto name other than Bitcoin. The Token is an asset vehicle for applications built on the blockchain system, which also has market value but is still technically not a currency. The main difference is the structure, because coins can be used as currency and have their own blockchain, while tokens are on the blockchain for use in decentralized applications.

On 10/19/2019 at 7:52 AM, teminalibug said:

I was confused with these two terms myself (Cryptocurrency & Altcoins) so i did a little research i think some of you guys who don't know should know this.

Altcoin stands for stand for "alternative to Bitcoin" it is any digital cryptocurrency similar to Bitcoin. and is used describe any cryptocurrency that is not a Bitcoin. Altcoins are created by diverging from Bitcoin consensus rules (the fundamental rules of the cryptocurrency’s network) or by developing a new cryptocurrency from scratch.

Thanks allot partner, I have been classifying both the two names as one all this while, thanks to this topic for giving me the opportunity to know difference between the two names. Now I understand that altcoin means Alternative coin(altcoin)

21 hours ago, el-Muhammady said:

Thanks allot partner, I have been classifying both the two names as one all this while, thanks to this topic for giving me the opportunity to know difference between the two names. Now I understand that altcoin means Alternative coin(altcoin)

Yes, and another thing to note, is not all coins are alt-coins, even if you leave out Bitcoin.

Cryptocurrencies are also digital coins. They took the word crypto from cryptography due to the extensive use of cryptographic protocols intergrated in their structure. Bitcoin uses the SHA256 cryptography, having consensus and hashcash on it's core.

12 hours ago, Jaga123321 said:

Cryptocurrency currency are the coin which are made up of cryptographic technology and all listed coins in coinmarketcap are cryptocurrency but except bitcoin all cryptocurrency listed in coinmarketcap are alt coin or alternativ coin

Are you sure all cryptocurrencies are listed in the coinmarketcap, and what about the tokens which are listed there, are they alts too?

23 minutes ago, BitcoinZ1 said:

So altcpins are alternative if btc of and crypto are digital assets

Yes kinda, but bitcoin is also a digital assets as well as all the other cryptocurrencies.

Yes that's right, the thing to note also is that altcoin tends to have a more volatile price than bitcoin, so it's suitable for short-term trading 👍

YOUengine-cryptotalk.png.2ca158a48ed925f2af8f14fc1863c423.png

On 11/4/2019 at 12:19 AM, yupi84goro said:

In my understanding Bitcoin and Altcoins are cryptocurrency, but Bitcoin is not an Altcoins. But regarding prices bitcoin are superior because if the price of bitcoins goes up, the prices of altcoins go up and vice versa if the  prices of bitcoins goes down the price of altcoins goes down too.

its called alt as short for alternative coin which means this coin will be used as an alternative for bitcoin, and for me i call these shitcoins.

altcoins and cryptos are the same.. but bitcoin is not an altcoin.. because altcoin means alternative coins, the alternative coin of bitcoin.. and cryptos is all coins include bitcoin.

BetFury                                                   

| You Play - We Pay

Free BTC 360 Satoshi every day                                                 

On 1/16/2020 at 12:33 PM, redsals said:

As many already mentioned altcoins are all coins except bitcoin, crypto is a whole and contains both bitcoin and other coins and tokens in its very form.

You are saying that toekns like ICO and IEO are also altcoins??

It's complicated to include stable coins as a category of cryptocurrency, but in my opinion a stable coin like tether is an altcoin, because it's clear that coins other than bitcoin are altcoin, and in cryptocurrency there is only bitcoin and others including altcoin

On 19.10.2019 at 14:52, teminalibug said:

I was confused with these two terms myself (Cryptocurrency & Altcoins) so i did a little research i think some of you guys who don't know should know this.

Altcoin stands for stand for "alternative to Bitcoin" it is any digital cryptocurrency similar to Bitcoin. and is used describe any cryptocurrency that is not a Bitcoin. Altcoins are created by diverging from Bitcoin consensus rules (the fundamental rules of the cryptocurrency’s network) or by developing a new cryptocurrency from scratch.

thanks to the transcript and I also read it 7 years ago - studied all these terms and very hard to understand what it is, but at the same time I had a burning interest in my gut and seeing that it was something to spend my precious time with.

6 hours ago, Dolpharius said:

thanks to the transcript and I also read it 7 years ago - studied all these terms and very hard to understand what it is, but at the same time I had a burning interest in my gut and seeing that it was something to spend my precious time with.

Wait you mean you have been in crypto world for 7 years till now?

5 hours ago, Lifeman said:

Yea, some of the altcoins don't have much longetivity that make it awkward for them compared to bitcoin

What do you mean by longetivity , you mean they could just end up dead for some reason?>

17 hours ago, teminalibug said:

Wait you mean you have been in crypto world for 7 years till now?

What do you mean by longetivity , you mean they could just end up dead for some reason?>

Yes, I bought Bitcoin for the first time in 2013 - 2014, because I still have such an interest in it as now, I bought it to play in the pyramid project, fortunately then I was able to earn half bitcoin.

• Useful or interesting 1

16 hours ago, Dolpharius said:

Yes, I bought Bitcoin for the first time in 2013 - 2014, because I still have such an interest in it as now, I bought it to play in the pyramid project, fortunately then I was able to earn half bitcoin.

Damm dude! congrats, i have seen very few stories like that, some people were not luck enough to keep their cons to the golden times.

7 hours ago, teminalibug said:

Damm dude! congrats, i have seen very few stories like that, some people were not luck enough to keep their cons to the golden times.

Yes, I have a lot of practice with pyramid projects, HYIPs, medium-term and long-term with various legends and veiled games with payouts - these are my 5-6 years of games and financial literacy - at that time I learned about bitcoin.

Crypto and altcoin are same because everyone depend altcoin also.

most user didn't use bitcoin because fee are to high.

other hand ltc doge fee is to low.

so i think crypto and altcoin are same to traders