Is Altcoin and Crypto the same? Here is the anwer! - Coins / Tokens Talk - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
teminalibug

Is Altcoin and Crypto the same? Here is the anwer!

I was confused with these two terms myself (Cryptocurrency & Altcoins) so i did a little research i think some of you guys who don't know should know this.

Altcoin stands for stand for "alternative to Bitcoin" it is any digital cryptocurrency similar to Bitcoin. and is used describe any cryptocurrency that is not a Bitcoin. Altcoins are created by diverging from Bitcoin consensus rules (the fundamental rules of the cryptocurrency’s network) or by developing a new cryptocurrency from scratch.

On 10/19/2019 at 2:52 PM, teminalibug said:

I was confused with these two terms myself (Cryptocurrency & Altcoins) so i did a little research i think some of you guys who don't know should know this.

Altcoin stands for stand for "alternative to Bitcoin" it is any digital cryptocurrency similar to Bitcoin. and is used describe any cryptocurrency that is not a Bitcoin. Altcoins are created by diverging from Bitcoin consensus rules (the fundamental rules of the cryptocurrency’s network) or by developing a new cryptocurrency from scratch.

Crypto or altcoins are just the same in one things.In my own understanding for this, it is a clone of bitcoin concept. were most of it are volatile too and decentralized based system as well.

2 hours ago, Muneeb said:

Both are crypto coins ALT coin and also BTC. BTC is the king of the coins and it runs all the crypto market. If the BTC will go up all the crypto market will go up if the BTC will come down all the crypto market is come down. So BTC is best from the altcoin.

And what if bitcoin does what will happen to the other coins? and do not tell be bitcoin will never die, just in case! i mean We don;t even know if nakamoto is alive still.

On 10/24/2019 at 11:56 AM, cafubrr said:

My understanding is both bitcoin and alt coin are crypto digital currency , but bitcoin is widely accepted everywhere , but i have seen on the forum that alt coin trading etc , still even i am not clear on the alt coin currency  believe any one on this  can suggest here with more clarity .

Indeed, they are both digital currency, but most of the merchants their priority to be accept as mode of payment was Bitcoin, almost majority of them, but there some other country they also accept Ethereum, litecoin, XMR, Xrp and more something like that.

All assets using cryptography are called cryptocurrencies, the original BTC and the alternative coins that consist in all the others... interesting concept this division between BTC and alts, not sure how the world will adapt with the new Chinese coin and/or any other that might face BTC... world is changing fast, will alts also change it's name?

5 hours ago, Kim K said:

Alt coins and bitcoin are all cryptocurrency with diverse usage. Some of these alt coins are fork off bitcoin chain. Coins like Litecoin, Bitcoin cash, stellar lumen are forks product of bitcoin. These coins attempt to solve different problems. I believe most alt coins are bitcoin dependent as they seems to pump when bitcoin pumps. Reason most bitcoin supporters do not like alt coins

Oh! so there are actual crypto which are not alt-coins. you're not talking about tokens here right? you're saying that there are cryptocurrency that are not fork of bitcoin and thus are not alt-coins?

In my understanding Bit coin stand above all  coins.Whether they are alt or stable coins.I just follow Bitcoin and  market follows Bitcoin.So i think the alt coins gave same profit as bit coin work for me.So i do investment in both coins.

• Useful or interesting 2

This information is more for beginners. I knew what an altcoins is. Crypto comes from the term cryptocurrency which encompasses all crypto currencies. Altcoins have great potential, even if many only trust the BTC.

15 hours ago, Anonylz said:

So in essence with reference to your above post, you are saying btc is not a cryptocurrency? And I that is the case can you please explain to me what is btc if not cryptocurrency🙄

You got it all wrong,  Bitcoin is cryptocurrency but not an alt-coin. Altcoins and Bitcoin are all cryptocurrency, all i was saying is crypto and altcoins are two different things.

On 10/19/2019 at 2:52 PM, teminalibug said:

Altcoin is crypto like bitcoin. Altcoin exists as an alternative to bitcoin. Some Altcoins are actually innovating with experiments with features that are more needed and not owned by Bitcoin.

On 11/1/2019 at 1:47 AM, masterfocus said:

For me, altcoins are every coin other than bitcoin and bitcoin.. well.. is itself.. xD

ALT coina nd bitcoin are both of crypto currencies and both are best but Crypto market father is just the bItcoin not ALT coin. ALT is a real coin but as we see the market running and movement with just bitcoin not with ALT coin. So if you want to trade then trade on ALT coin.

• +2 1

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

searching for the identity of the discoverer of Bitcoin today is the same as looking for the identity of the inventor of the newspaper. The transaction record has been considered as a permanent record of the entire transaction history, this is what is called a Blockchain. Bitcoin and Crypto are the same.

I think there are a little difference between Bitcoin and the altcoins. The difference is the price of the coins and  the supply and demand of market. As example the many people are thinking the Bitcoin for long term process and altcoins is short time process but it's not true, That is right the altcoin for short time process but some atlcoin is good you can do long-term process with this. By the way, if there is no altcoins in our market so we cannot have a option to do do trading or investment.

• +1 1
  • +3 1

In my understanding bitcoin and altcoin are both cryptocurrency, where if we want a flashback, that altcoin exists because of bitcoin, so bitcoin is called the mother of all coins, only at this time the more famous is only bitcoin

6 hours ago, yadira976 said:

All coins refer to cryptocurrency (like ETH, Bitcoin, DASH etc), while tokens are analogous to shares. This is like another way of financing projects of a common infrastructure that could not be financed previously.

The difference between coin and token is that coin is based on bitcoin blockchain and token is based on etheruem blockchain and each has its own merits.

ALT coin is also a crypto coin and there is no difference between them because crypto market covers all coin and BTC is the part of it and also other great coins so you can not say that ALT coin is different from the crypto coins and this is not true because all are same coins.

• +5 1

BetFury                                                   

Indeed, they are both digital currency, but most of the merchants their priority to be accept as mode of payment was Bitcoin, almost majority of them, but there some other country they also accept Ethereum, litecoin, XMR, Xrp and more something like that.really its amazing to see this kind of you guys are done peacefully.thank you for your service.

On 11/4/2019 at 2:20 PM, ihavedreams said:

yes I also just found out this is me so far alcoin is a competing site on the market with my bitcoin thank you for this information, it's also useful for friends

Thanks for appreciating my info, so do you prefer any alt-coin over bitcoin? and what altcoins are you holing right now, and why holing those specifically?

Edited by teminalibug

On 10/24/2019 at 8:56 AM, cafubrr said:

My understanding is both bitcoin and alt coin are crypto digital currency , but bitcoin is widely accepted everywhere , but i have seen on the forum that alt coin trading etc , still even i am not clear on the alt coin currency  believe any one on this  can suggest here with more clarity .

Both are same currencies you are right saying and both are having same market the difference is between them is just the price not more. Both are secure and good currencies in the crypto market. Crypto market is the best market in the world.

BetFury                                                   

thanks friend for your topic. this topic apear different opinion of other trader, greate question with different answer, we can't know the difference in between crypto currency and alt coin. 

• +3 1

so this is the easy explanations.
altcoin is alternative coins. so, they are all of coins except Bitcoin. that mean altcoins is alternative for bitcoin, since mining bitcoin is too difficult these day, some miner try to find an alternative coin to mine. and they called it altcoins. 
cryptocurrency is digital money related. they have no physical. so altcoins and bitcoin are belong to cryptocurrency.

You can imagine this. 
Cryptocurrency is the same as the world we live in. Bitcoin and altcoin is part of the cryptocurrency like the world have human, tree, and everything inside the world.
You don't have to confuse to determine because all you need to know that right now, in the cryptocurrency have bitcoin and altcoin, token will including in the altcoin part. 
Altcoin help people to make more bitcoin by trading, so without altcoin, bitcoin will not have a great journey on the internet. So bitcoin and altcoin is one unity in the cryptocurrency world and cannot separate each other because bitcoin and altcoin work together.

On 10/18/2019 at 11:52 PM, teminalibug said:

It's probably because you new in crypto world, cryptocurrency is name for all cryptocurrency and altcoin is like you say for alternative coins which is not Bitcoin.

And this is thing which you must to know/learn about when you first heard for cryptocurrency or Bitcoin.

This is question like "who is owner of Bitcoin", people must to reseach to learn things not just to ask others to explain to them.

yobit_logo.png.7ce6c90eb02ab009752998fdcd25cf91.png

30 minutes ago, BullRunBit said:

It's probably because you new in crypto world, cryptocurrency is name for all cryptocurrency and altcoin is like you say for alternative coins which is not Bitcoin.

And this is thing which you must to know/learn about when you first heard for cryptocurrency or Bitcoin.

This is question like "who is owner of Bitcoin", people must to reseach to learn things not just to ask others to explain to them.

That is why this topic is to explain in detail the different between crypto and alt, so that when people google around the different they will get this topic to tech them.