I think i just found a solution against scams! - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
teminalibug

I think i just found a solution against scams!

Everyday in the crypto world i try to be alert and not fall into scams so i go read docs that will strengthen my knowledge and also do research on a website before i sign up to it. why do i not sign up at all, so they don't just not get my money but my email neither. That's my trick that's how i can't be easily scammed. But today i found an article that would help you guys. And here are the ways to protect yourself from scammers;

• Be alert to the fact that scams exist.
  • Know who you're dealing with.
  • Do not open suspicious texts, pop-up windows or click on links or attachments in emails – delete them.
  • Don't respond to phone calls about your computer asking for remote access – hang up.
  • Keep your personal details secure
  • Keep your mobile devices and computers secure.
  • Choose your passwords carefully.
  • Review your privacy and security settings on social media.
  • Beware of any requests for your details or money.
  • Be wary of unusual payment requests.
  • Be careful when shopping online.
  • Don't be greedy

NOTE; In the crypto world scammers are everywhere, some of us could not even have known there is something called cryptocurrency if that for that scam call.

If you this content helps you and others out there share and like(React) 😊

Edited by teminalibug
  • Useful or interesting 18

I think many people in crypto most have known this but some.gow they still fall for scam. Scammers have continue to improve their ways to scam people and same way crypto traders most continue to evolve in detecting this scam activities. Now we have even seem scammers setting up exchanges, ICOs, Airdrops just to scam people.

• +1 3
  • +2 2
  • +3 1
  • +4 2

Earn free Ethereum every 1 Hour

https://free-ethereum.io/?referer=243721

5 minutes ago, Mr. Jur said:

I am new in crypto so i really like your advice, your advice is helpful for everyone especially for us who are new in crypto. Thank you and i really appreciate it.

I'm glad i just help someone with my topic, Alert others about this so many can be aware and protect themselves!

On 10/19/2019 at 10:22 AM, Ele said:

With this tips, not all people will fall victim to scam. But still the scammer will find another way to get what they want. They are always thinking on how to scam anybody that comes theirs way.

Yeap scammer are becoming more smarter day by day and they are trying to scam people in new ways. We need to be careful about them. Otherwise they can stole our funds.

• +1 1

On 10/19/2019 at 5:18 AM, teminalibug said:

Everyday in the crypto world i try to be alert and not fall into scams so i go read docs that will strengthen my knowledge and also do research on a website before i sign up to it. why do i not sign up at all, so they don't just not get my money but my email neither. That's my trick that's how i can't be easily scammed. But today i found an article that would help you guys. And here are the ways to protect yourself from scammers;

• Be alert to the fact that scams exist.
  • Know who you're dealing with.
  • Do not open suspicious texts, pop-up windows or click on links or attachments in emails – delete them.
  • Don't respond to phone calls about your computer asking for remote access – hang up.
  • Keep your personal details secure
  • Keep your mobile devices and computers secure.
  • Choose your passwords carefully.
  • Be wary of unusual payment requests.
  • Be careful when shopping online.

NOTE; In the crypto world scammers are everywhere, some of us could not even have known there is something called cryptocurrency if that for that scam call.

If you this content helps you and others out there share and like(React) 😊

Nice article to help steer clear off the badonline  guys and I want to add

1. Mind what sites you visit, a river never drowns anyone that did not come to the river,

2. Never store your passwords, 2FA keys, private keys online or your computer. 

3. Password your computer and devices

4. Always log out after visiting a site especially when you accessed if from a public computer. etc

• Useful or interesting 1

On 11/10/2019 at 8:44 AM, teminalibug said:

I'm glad i just help someone with my topic, Alert others about this so many can be aware and protect themselves!

Nice topic.

There is an important thing that is "don't fall into greed", anything that offers something that is too good to be true it is scam...

Not replying to fishing messages on telegram, twitter, etc will also go a long way 🙂

You just pointed out the some of the most important tips for us to avoid these kinds of people. I have learn to use different passwords for different sites and has been very useful since then. 

Well, thanks for this some of tips to avoid some scammers and hackers, it will be useful for the members and and mostly in the newbie. Happy posting.

On 10/19/2019 at 12:18 AM, teminalibug said:

Sometimes we fail securing our data with the use of social media, we use to reveal a lot of our personal lives and that's a gold mine for a scammer, they can copy our profiles and scam our acquaintance asking to lend some money or selling stuff, something like that. At least in my country that's teh way scammers work nowadays.

Thank you for your helpful tips mate, i will do my part and use your tips so i cannot be one of the victim of the scammers.

Just now, Cutest29 said:

Thank you for your tip mate. I hope many will learn from this and prevent themselves from being a victim of scammers. Because theres no scammers if there won't be people who are willing to be a victim. 

I was a victim of scam at my first days in the crypto world, lost money in a fake cloud mining. So I know how it feels been scammed.

Just now, aika said:

Sometimes we fail securing our data with the use of social media, we use to reveal a lot of our personal lives and that's a gold mine for a scammer, they can copy our profiles and scam our acquaintance asking to lend some money or selling stuff, something like that. At least in my country that's teh way scammers work nowadays.

Well sometimes we focus on scammers and forget hackers, anyway maybe it is because hackers target rich accounts but we exposed our data too much and unlike scammers hackers only need very few details.

Just now, Sundae said:

That was a very good idea and guidelines to avoid scammers. Tmyou pretty did much for this. One thing

i want to add.One thing you always need to do is be carefull in anythinh you do specially in internet.

The internet is the once place we underestimate, but if someone target you specifically, you have nowhere to run really. spyware, malware all can be easily planted to our devices.

Just now, Fancycoin said:

Thankyou for this, as a newbie here i will do this tips so that i can avoid scammers and being alert also and do the tips that you gave.

Oh you're a newbie!? I'm glad you get to read my topic and that it helps you, but also be alert, scammers find new ways to scam everyday.

Indeed we should always be on alert to not be tricked by those scanner theifs. Those tips of yours are nice. I will add to that scammers are always coming up with new methods we don't know yet so we should always double check any mew thing or google about it.

18 minutes ago, teminalibug said:

I was a victim of scam at my first days in the crypto world, lost money in a fake cloud mining. So I know how it feels been scammed.

I think that unfortunately, the great majority of people here has already been scammed one way or the other... it is impossible to be aware of everything and scams come in many ways... it is a lesson that we must learn fast because if people are able to learn this lesson, scams will eventually cease to be profitable

Just now, dentolas said:

I think that unfortunately, the great majority of people here has already been scammed one way or the other... it is impossible to be aware of everything and scams come in many ways... it is a lesson that we must learn fast because if people are able to learn this lesson, scams will eventually cease to be profitable

Yap like hiring programmers to make a fake site, and the cost to run the site, if no one will fall into that scam, then scams will be unprofitable.

1 minute ago, teminalibug said:

Yap like hiring programmers to make a fake site, and the cost to run the site, if no one will fall into that scam, then scams will be unprofitable.

In my case I've done translation jobs that took me several days to finnish and in the end the whole project was scam... this happened a few times until I've stopped doing translations... but it is also something I'm good at and that has a nice income... so I am not sure how I will proceed in the future...

My feelings for you man... that one must have been hard... but there are many opportunities for programmers... just a small suggestion that came into my mind... check out Xtrabytes. I work with these guys since I've joinde crypto, and they are evolving and hiring... at least it is not a scam (or it doesn't seem so)

• +2 1

Just now, dentolas said:

In my case I've done translation jobs that took me several days to finnish and in the end the whole project was scam... this happened a few times until I've stopped doing translations... but it is also something I'm good at and that has a nice income... so I am not sure how I will proceed in the future...

My feelings for you man... that one must have been hard... but there are many opportunities for programmers... just a small suggestion that came into my mind... check out Xtrabytes. I work with these guys since I've joinde crypto, and they are evolving and hiring... at least it is not a scam (or it doesn't seem so)

Thanks for the suggestion, sharing is caring, imma gonna check it out right now, and see what they have for me.

Just now, cgard114 said:

I agree, a lot of scammers are active everywhere online so people shoud take extra measures to secure their account and crypto coins.

In my life at crypto got scammed once in a cloud mining, but also have encountered many incidents where i almost gt scammed. What about you?

Just now, Jona said:

Yes you are right if we are hear about this In our mind and don't invest in any scam system then we can safe in our wallet then Why I leave invest in and site I just doing crypto trading it's good or profitable or safe

But be aware that most of the sites that scams us are trading sites, so you should be carefully with trading site and do not keep most of your money there.

3 hours ago, teminalibug said:

Thanks for the suggestion, sharing is caring, imma gonna check it out right now, and see what they have for me.

This is just one I remember looking at recently, and I'm my oppinion they seem serious and are working since a long time... if you look on the projects webpages, there are a lot of the top-100 that are in need of people for their teams... don't know your qualifications exactly... good luck!

19 hours ago, teminalibug said:

Well sometimes we focus on scammers and forget hackers, anyway maybe it is because hackers target rich accounts but we exposed our data too much and unlike scammers hackers only need very few details.

Hackers do not target rich accounts, they target easy accounts to check if there's something of value there. If that were right, we could hear more news about banks getting hacked.

11 hours ago, vincent725 said:

I agree to you because some of the victim of scammers are those who fail in securing their data and easily trusting anyone they meet online. 

I suggest that you avoid sharing private and personal information of your account to avoid being scam 

In this era of social media is hard to not sharing sensible data. You google your name or your ID number and find a lot of info, college data, medical data, legal... there are pages that for a fee can show all the current information of certain people, like, debts, legal issues, address... 

• +2 1

Just now, aika said:

Hackers do not target rich accounts, they target easy accounts to check if there's something of value there. If that were right, we could hear more news about banks getting hacked.

No real hackers are not concerned with easy account, scammers are. Hackers (real once) they like to target big money, for them is not just about profit it is prestige.

On 11/15/2019 at 2:17 AM, teminalibug said:

No real hackers are not concerned with easy account, scammers are. Hackers (real once) they like to target big money, for them is not just about profit it is prestige.

A hacker is a hacker, once they chose their target wor whatever reason, money, documents, for fun... if hackers were pointing only to rich people, there were more thefts on the news. Small thefts to random users do not make it to the news, nobody cares about John Poverty being robbed his 0,0004 BTC.

On 10/19/2019 at 12:18 PM, teminalibug said:

But today i found an article that would help you guys

Good tips, but it would be much better if you linked the article of your reference to give credit to the original author that curated those tips. No reference links given.

• +1 1

Be able to created different password for each site you visit, Google chrome does that. When a scammer got your password he will want to try it in all of your account