What did you think about shopping with bitcoins? - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
betelihem

What did you think about shopping with bitcoins?

totally agree with you , I used Bitcoin only for trading purpose only . I know history of that pizza perosn ( that's really lucky man ) .

buying and selling with bitcoin there are equally chance that we are suffering from Loss as well profit also .

• Useful or interesting 5
  • +2 5

19797726_signatutelogo.jpeg.5619939f2adcfc45c33a5e7577232a71.jpeg

@betelihem, This is not a sustainable model for adoption. You could just use the same argument for not buying or selling bitcoin because when you buy you need a seller. Trading bitcoin to goods and services is practically same thing as trading it for money. Without trading bitcoin would be worthless, only the liquidity brings value to it.

And buying stuff with my bitcoin profits in 2017-2018 was a good idea in hindsight. And every buy with it adds to adoption. Imho bitcoin pizza guy is considered as a hero, he sacrificied his bitcoins for larger adoption. Somebody had to do that.

Wether you want to lose money if you buy with it or care about it is another thing. Then you are just investor. Investors won't use it like money untill they have enough profits. 

Edited by rekter
  • Useful or interesting 3
  • +2 3
  • +3 2
  • +5 2

Shopping with bitcoin makes me feel special because I have this wonderful cryptocurrency that is not easy to get and I have several times purchased apps and paid with bitcoin this was great

• +1 2
  • +2 1

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

3 hours ago, betelihem said:

Please read the whole post 

How are you doing today, i read a lots of posts that shopping with bitcoin is best thing and they say that more shopping centers accept bitcoins as a payment potions, but i don't think its good idea, i don't think shopping with bitcoin is a good idea, because bitcoin don't have fixed price, lets say an android phone price is 200$$ and if we want to buy the phone with the currant price of bitcoin which is 9000$$ we have to send about 0.02222064 satoshis, and we buy the dives with bitcoin but when the price of bitcoin rice to 15,000$$ then 200$$ worth of bitcoin will be 0.01339887 satoshis and that means we lose 0.0082177 satoshis, and what i am saying is don't buy any thing with bitcoin the price is not fixed change it a fiat money and buy with it don't just send the whole bitcoin,i think we all know the history of a person who buy a pizza with millions dollars worth of bitcoins now, what did you thing?? do you have better ideas. thank you.

What do you mean? You don't buy anything at all? I don't think you are able to live then. How do you eat or what about your clothes? Even the i-phone might be something luxurious so you can buy a less costly mobile phone. Although you need to have one. Since you buy staff already, why not buy them with Bitcoin instead?

Yes you are right, but the services or products are not priced by bitcoin, they will be priced in dollars, and then the dollar will be converted into Satoshi and the price will be updated at every moment.

• Useful or interesting 4
  • +1 3
  • +2 1
  • +3 1

4 hours ago, betelihem said:

How are you doing today, i read a lots of posts that shopping with bitcoin is best thing and they say that more shopping centers accept bitcoins as a payment potions, but i don't think its good idea, i don't think shopping with bitcoin is a good idea, because bitcoin don't have fixed price, lets say an android phone price is 200$$ and if we want to buy the phone with the currant price of bitcoin which is 9000$$ we have to send about 0.02222064 satoshis, and we buy the dives with bitcoin but when the price of bitcoin rice to 15,000$$ then 200$$ worth of bitcoin will be 0.01339887 satoshis and that means we lose 0.0082177 satoshis, and what i am saying is don't buy any thing with bitcoin the price is not fixed change it a fiat money and buy with it don't just send the whole bitcoin,i think we all know the history of a person who buy a pizza with millions dollars worth of bitcoins now, what did you thing?? do you have better ideas. thank you.

I think that shopping with bitcoin is truly the best thing to do in cryptocurrencies because you will have money that you earned and you will not be hassled because you can not exchange it anymore to real money but you can use it directly. 

• Useful or interesting 2
  • +1 2
  • +2 2

You are right shopping with bitcoins is not so good idea you have already given the explanation and even bitcoins into this date not being so family that people can use bitcoins for their daily expenditures in digital world many platforms are now occurring you can use your bitcoins on those platforms instead of flat currency.

• +1 2

I think that bitcoin will never be accepted as an official cryptocurrency that can be used to pay for any purchase, because if its price is fixed at the time of payment, it will mean that people will be able to use it for example to commit some financial crimes. 

but it's practically the same, because you will need the same amount of bitcoin to turn it into fiat, and when the prices rise you still already exchanged that amount to fiat so you lost the same thing

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +1 1
  • +5 1

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                            bf_320x100.png

Shopping with bitcoins is very good because we can save our money and use our earnings or our profits that we get from trading to pay for some products or services in some business that accepts bitcoins.  

• +3 1
  • +4 2

Time is the ultimate weapon!

First i was also thinking that shopping with bitcoins is good. But now you describe the strong argument about this. Now i agree with you. Price up can cause loss for us. 

• +4 1

.I think this digital payment system can be highly benefited for our society economical development.First i was also thinking that shopping with bitcoins is good..!!

3 minutes ago, malik6314193 said:

First i was also thinking that shopping with bitcoins is good. But now you describe the strong argument about this. Now i agree with you. Price up can cause loss for us. 

But if everyone holds on to their bitcoins, the coin will come to a standstill, and that is a very bad future scenario.

BTC needs a valid use case for long term survival!

Finally a currency which I believe might become a stable coin with a good future (community controlled Ecoin)

Look, read the FAQ, and sign up for free here: https://ecoinofficial.org/referral/n9zk2s0

Overstock is a popular online website that accepts cryptocurrencies, especially bitcoin, 
and took this step in January 2014.
The company allows its customers to pay for everything from laptops to televisions to other devices,
 using bitcoin and other major digital currencies such as Light Queen,
 Dash and Bitcoin Cash.
You can use cryptocurrencies simply,
 all you have to do is choose the currency you have 
to complete the purchase and the system will take care of the rest to complete the required purchase.

• +1 1
  • +3 1

I think that in the future the business will increase in areas that accept digital currencies and we will be able to buy anything with digital currencies and really this is good because it makes our life easier and I like to use this method to buy products from sites

I don't think it is a good idea because the bitcoin price changes quickly so it will not be a fixed price for the product nor does it serve the international government.

• +3 1

17 hours ago, betelihem said:

Yes I think that shopping in bitcoin is one of the best things that you can do in cryptocurrencies because you will know the pleasure and excitement in buying things with you well earned money and it can motivate you to do your job more. 

• +4 1

Why not to buy things by using Bitcoin mate ? If we are going to buy something by using Bitcoin , we might prefer the current situations and the real time market price. Regarding the future expensive price for Bitcoin, who knows that ? Regarding the first buying pizza, I think buyer or seller both did not think about the price to get this much high in the market. 

• +5 1

13 hours ago, Calvinpriva said:

Shopping with bitcoins is very good because we can save our money and use our earnings or our profits that we get from trading to pay for some products or services in some business that accepts bitcoins.  

Yeah but our bitcoins worth of big amount, like i said on the post the price of bitcoin is not fixed it drops and it rices and when you want to buy a phone that costs 200$$ when the price of bitcoin drops then you need a lots of satoshis to rich 200$$ but when the price of bitcoin rice then the satoshis that yo west will buy 10 phones,

• +2 1
  • +4 1

2 minutes ago, UT2001 said:

Good post and yes I do fully agree with you as the price of crypto currencies really does fluctuate a lot and ultimately it likely would not be a good deal. But if you could pay in a stable coin like Tether then things would be perfect but then the retailer needs to accept that form of crypto as well.

You feel me men, some members just argue without reading the post, i think you get my idea, like you said the price is fluctuating and that will make us to lose big money, but if we have fixed coins we can buy from them or we can wait the time when the price of bitcoin tuches the roof and exchange it with usd and but using it.

shoping with bitcion is bad idea i think caus ethere isa  real sotry joke about a guy bought pizza and payed several hundred /thousand bitcoins for it... so i think that is a really good lesson for enyone else who thinks about it.

@DoboniAyuuii @BTC Future @Omar Ommeish @Basad @ETheHedgehog Hey guys i think you didn't get my idea, what am saying is don't shop with bitcoin because the price is not fixed so we may lose moneys, let say you buy something that cost 8000$$ and lets say the price of 1btc is 8000$$ then you buy the stuff with 1btc then after a week the price of bitcoin rice to 10,000$$ that means you lost 2000$$ whiten a week, do you get my idea?? 

• +3 1

I don't think it's poetic. I do my shopping with Fiat. And I need a cryptocurrency to multiply it at auctions and when holding shares on exchanges. Since I work at my main job. On the contrary, I spend part of my salary on bitcoin purchases.

• +2 2

I agree with your point but you give the example when the prices goes high, but what's happen when bitcoin prices down then what  do the store owner, because he sell the product in 200$ dollars and suddenly prices down then he face loss,so  don't think one way always thinks two side scoops in my opinion buy and selling through bitcoin is not  good idea,use bitcoin only for trading.