A comparison of the number of topics and posts in the Bitcointalk and cryptotalk forum - About Forum - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
marymaryam

A comparison of the number of topics and posts in the Bitcointalk and cryptotalk forum

😍 Hello 🥰

To start with, I would like to inform you that I have been a member for years in the Bitcointalk Forum
I recently joined this cryptotalk forum

The first thing that caught my attention is the number of posts and topics in this forum is very few and although it has several months since its foundation

As the number of topics and posts in the Bitcointalk forum is currently on 7/2020

Number of Topics: 1544246
Number of posts: 37291358

As for the number of posts and topics in the cryptotalk forum, currently on 7/5/2020

Total Topics: 9287 o_O

Number of posts: 2549935

What is the reason for that?

Edited by marymaryam
  • Useful or interesting 13
  • -2 1
  • +1 10
  • +2 3
  • +3 4
  • +4 1
  • +5 3

The bitcointalk forum is very old than cryptotalk and of course you can see the different between the numbers of the post ,the community here is not high to much as bitcointalk 

• Useful or interesting 2
  • +1 4
  • +2 2
  • +4 1

@marymaryam A reason? Answers are faster for people to write than topics, they just want to post over 100 letters without thinking too much. If people would be rewarded on topics, they would write more topics instead.

Also bitcointalk is how many years old now? And this place like half a year or something like that.

And already we have insane amount of posts. That's because 1000 sats is 1000 sats. If people are paid to write 30 posts per day, they will try to do that. In btctalk 30 in a week is considered a lot in bounty campaigns.

• Useful or interesting 3
  • +1 2
  • +2 2
  • +3 1
  • +4 2

The reason is very simple, the compared antiquity of cryptotalk with bitcointalk, is a difference of years, that is the reason why the difference in numbers in posts and comments, what is certain is that cryptotalk will grow much more.

• +1 3

I think the reason why bitcointalk has more topics than cryptotalk is because here only few members are active by creating posts and bitcointalk is older than this forum therefore, it means there are many users who have experience there as compared to this forum.

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +1 3
  • +2 1
  • +4 1

That's not how you should make comparisons, Cryptotalk is only few months old while bitcointalk was created in 2008 or 2009, so it is obvious that the number of topics and posts on bitcointalk is more, as a matter of fact number of posts and topics is not a good factor for saying which forum is better and what is important at the end is the quality and not quantity of posts.

• +1 3
  • +2 3
  • +3 1

According to your post it seems that there is an gap of posts in this forum. In fact the comment/posts ratio is ten times higher in this forum as:

Bitcointalk comments per post: 37291358/1544246 = 24.15

Cryptotalk comments per post: 2549935/9287 = 274.57

Still in Bitcointalk there are tens of thousands of posts in various sections that do not contain a single answer because:

a) they were completely useless and bitcointalk rarely deletes posts/replies,

b) they were posted in sections of the forum that noone even knows they exist,

c) they were posted in sections of the forum that do not apply for the signature campaigns,

d) the members don't get paid for writing 30 posts for a campaign.

There were signature campaigns that demanded many posts (i.e. stake campaign in 2018) and what happened was massive spam of tens of thousands of posts in all sections of the forum the campaign was running. This was a similar situation.

I still think that the current Cryptotalk campaign requires a change in order to bring better quality than quantity. In it's current form it was really successfull and managed to bring thousands of people in the cryptocurrency sphere. Perhaps the campaign can switch to a form of contest, or tiping on each post etc. Still I think that there is need for new rules with stricter requirements whatever form the campaign takes. 100 characters are not enough to explain any case and this has been abused a lot. It is just one line of reply that is impossible to contain something really useful. 

Anyway once again we are taking bitcointalk as something that should be the standard. In my opinion it shouldn't. Bitcointalk has been reduced into a bounty forum and it's members are in constant fights between them. I wouldn't recommend bitcointalk as a good example that we should be following. 

That s right, there are fewer topics in this forum compared to the bitcointallk forum. The reason is that the members here are less active and less active and they just want to post posts and earn without making any effort or creating any post.

I think don't compare both forums because bitcointalk forum is old in this platform, but cryptotalk is new and in this forum not so many experts to post topic daily, because its learning platform and this forum pays genuinely, when we complete 30 use full post.

• +1 3
  • +2 2
  • +4 1

21 hours ago, marymaryam said:

😍 Hello 🥰

To start with, I would like to inform you that I have been a member for years in the Bitcointalk Forum
I recently joined this cryptotalk forum

The first thing that caught my attention is the number of posts and topics in this forum is very few and although it has several months since its foundation

As the number of topics and posts in the Bitcointalk forum is currently on 7/2020

Number of Topics: 1544246
Number of posts: 37291358

As for the number of posts and topics in the cryptotalk forum, currently on 7/5/2020

Total Topics: 9287 o_O

Number of posts: 2549935

What is the reason for that?

Well, the reason why they are so far from each other is because bitcointalk is already been establish a long time ago, while cryptotalk is just created last year. Bitcointalk already millions of users around the world and each one of them are already creating posts every hour and every day. Unlike in cryptotalk, we are just been consist of hundreds of thousand of members and not all of them are creating posts. So the numbers are way to far from each other between bitcointalk and cryptotalk.

• +1 3
  • +2 1

Well, if we count the number of topics which is useful here in this forum from bitcointalk, there has a huge difference between the two because the members from bitcointalk is discipline by creating an quality posts but here in this forum, some of the members are just posting some useless posts which is being deleted by the admins and moderators.

• +2 4

The only reason is that bitcointalk forum is older than cryptotalk forum. If both of them would have start in the same time, i believe in 100% both of them could have same number of contents or one could be top of other. But all are good forums.

• +1 4

Time is the ultimate weapon!

2 hours ago, BTC Future said:

a) they were completely useless and bitcointalk rarely deletes posts/replies,

I agree completely with you. I don't know why the this similar topic and comparison keep regenerating in the forum. Definitely, the amount of comments should at least double the amount of posts if for example we have 2 comments per post, that's is not the case of bitcointalk which means there are many post in there without replies. That's no what a forum should be like. 

What is a online forum? According to Quora.com, An Online forum is referred to as a bulletin board or discussion area. The main objective is to provide an area where our members can interact with questions, answers and discussions on a given topic. Each forum states the topic and tries to keep the discussions on topic. This is the opposite of what the situation is bitcointalk forum. I believe there should be changes though to chase off low quality posters. 

• +1 2
  • +2 1
  • +3 1
  • +4 1

My Altcointalks username —° Raqeebzy

It is because bitcoin talk is too much old forum as compared to crypto talk forum.i didn't find any topic before oct 2019 on this forum. So it's mean it is functional from oct 2019 while bitcoin talk is too much old. 

• +1 1
  • +2 1

Bitcointalk was the first forum about crypto curreny and it was created in 2008 and cryptotalk was created in just the previous year.So it is normal that the total number of topics and post in bitcointalk,will be much higher than cryptotalk.

• +1 1
  • +2 1

On 5/7/2020 at 9:00 AM, marymaryam said:

😍 Hello 🥰

From your experience you should know that when you come to a new house, you must be respectful, so it is not that you are being rude, but you understand what the objective of your post is.

It seems that freedom of opinion is always measured by numbers in bitcointalk.

Take a look at how this community working, here you usually always get friendly answers, some really naive, but generally there is a good vibe.

The only bad thing is spam and repetitive themes, in which by the way yours falls, because far from having used the search engine you did not do it.

Actually you should know but it is always good to walk through the forum before falling into these questions or topic that only seek applause from your community.

Spend relax and collaborate with posts that are not repetitive. Forget about numbers that don't affect anyone and you don't need to compare them.

• +1 4
  • +2 1
  • +5 1

Let's make community ... It's easy👍

Create-New-Topic-Learn-How-to-Avoid-Repeat-Topic .

Don't Forget Your Topics                                                     

Maybe one of the reason why cryptotalk forum has a low topics ang posts than bitcointalk is the foundation of the two. The bitcointalk was founded older that cryptotalk. Also the bitcointalk os well known by the traders and investors of Cryptocurrency.

• +1 1
  • +2 2

As bitcointalk is much older than the Crypto talk that is the one reason difference of number of post and contents available in the campaign and also Crypto talk is becoming more famous and viral among the people so I think very shortly this campaign will also create new contents and topics for every beginners it will much easier to gather more knowledge related to the cryptocurrency.

• +1 2
  • +2 3
  • +5 1

Yes as i see in bitcointalk the number of topic is more than we have in cryptotalk. Because they tend to make their topic than making a comment that's what i see when i visited the bitcointalk forum. But when it comes to useful topics and knowledge share to everyone cryptotalk was the best because i learn so much in this forum since i joined here.

• +1 4
  • +2 1

5 hours ago, Tine0313 said:

Maybe one of the reason why cryptotalk forum has a low topics ang posts than bitcointalk is the foundation of the two. The bitcointalk was founded older that cryptotalk. Also the bitcointalk os well known by the traders and investors of Cryptocurrency.

Well, this is actually true mate and there has many section given in that forum unlike here, don't compare this forum to other like bitcointalk because this is just newly published here and this will be take a long time to get some experienced.

• +1 2

This is normal to find difference between them because bitcoin talk is more old than crypto talk but using crypto talk is best than others

28 minutes ago, Mcd0d0 said:

Well, this is actually true mate and there has many section given in that forum unlike here, don't compare this forum to other like bitcointalk because this is just newly published here and this will be take a long time to get some experienced.

Yes you're right. Bitcointalk and Cryptotalk is way different to each other because one has experienced unlike the other needs more time to gain experience. Time is needed to expand the topics needed to achieve what bitcointalk has.

• +1 2

This number is not the actual number of you consider deletion of many topics which are deleted by mods Admin.Tjis number can be much bigger they clear forum regularly and gove members option to regain access with minor punishment.Where bitcoin tall forum is very strict to his members.This forum is learning place where all the newbies learn about  different information about crypto but the other hand bitcoin talk is like professional place where all the old scholl programmers ,developers and experts gives their opinion about projects and market situation.This forums life is not much but he gain attention from around the globe .This can be next bitcoin tall forum in future.

• +1 2
  • +2 2
  • +4 1

16 hours ago, Tine0313 said:

Time is needed to expand the topics needed to achieve what bitcointalk has.

We need to spread more this forum in many people so that this will be having some huge number of members like in bitcointalk, i hope this will might happen, happy posting everyone.

• +1 1
  • +2 1

The bitcointalk talk forum has been around for a lot longer than the cryptotalk forum and as a result i think that it is going to take a lot of time until the forum is able to build up as many topics as the other one. This is probably the biggest reason for the difference in umber of topics and posts, but considering that this is a new forum i think that they are actually doing pretty well.

• +1 2
  • +2 1
  • +3 2

Looking to earn through posting on forums? Join Beermoneyforum where you can earn up to $12 daily for your posts! Follow this link to get started: https://www.beermoneyforum.com/?inv=126648

A simple, awesome faucet with payouts in BTC and TRX. Join now at https://moremoney.io/?ref=72749

Join this awesome forum for pay per post rewards: https://bizdustry.com/?referrer=5769