What is Stop-Loss? (explanation) - Page 4 - Tutorials - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
BullRunBit

What is Stop-Loss? (explanation)

In fact, this feature is very good because it allows you to open deals and then flux to the business and you are not afraid of your deal because if you win, it will be sold automatically and if you lose, it will exit from the deal on the loss percentage that you previously set.

• Useful or interesting 2

Thank you for this simple and clear explanation of this important job. 
We have two types of stop loss plan. Manual and Automatic. 
In automatic mode, the system will sell your asset as soon as it reaches the desired value. 

• Useful or interesting 1

Stop loss is a trading tool which helps to limit/prevent  the maximum loss in cryptocurrency trrading. I usually apply stop loss in trading for my almost sell orders, this would help in minimizing the risk involved in trading, and helps to prevent loss to some extent, by limiting the trade to go further with the down price.

Traders and investors who want to limit potential losses can use several types of orders to get into and out of the market at times when they may not be able to place an order manually. Stop-loss orders and stop-limit orders are two tools for this. Stop-limit orders are a type of stop-loss, but at the stop price, the order becomes a limit order—only executing at the limit price.

As for me, an interesting function and deserves to be. I sometimes used it and it helped me out when BTC dropped to $ 5,000 from $ 9,000. I recommend using it sometimes, because it is not always necessary and beneficial for you.

On 3/5/2020 at 5:51, BullRunBit said:

La explicación simple de la función Stop-Loss es que usted reduce sus pérdidas si el precio va en la dirección incorrecta y que reduce sus pérdidas utiliza la función Stop Loss.

Ejemplo:

Compro Bitcoin a un precio de 8,700 $ y configuro mi stop-loss en 8,000 $ que es más del -8% de stop-loss de mi precio de compra y si el precio baja hasta los 8,000 $, lo venderé por ese precio y si el precio baja más. Reduciré las pérdidas y tal vez compraré a un precio más bajo, etc.

La función Stop Loss consiste en reducir las pérdidas si cree que el precio bajará.

Una explantación más (imagen):

900551253_MovaviScreenShot039-YoBit.Net-DASH (DASH) Exchange-yobit_net.jpg.c193f15e2b264ee05d3c25f62c8407b7.jpg

Si tiene alguna pregunta, pregunte libremente aquí.

Thanks for the information, I think it is the base to start whit the trading market 

On 5/3/2020 at 2:51 PM, BullRunBit said:

Simple explanation of function Stop-Loss is that you cut your loss if price go in wrong way, and that you cut your loss you use stop-loss function.

Example:

I buy Bitcoin on 8,700$ price and set up my stop-loss on 8,000$ that is over -8% stop-loss of my buying price and if price go down till 8,000$ I will sell for that price and if price go more down I will cut loss and maybe buy at lower price etc.

Stop-loss function is that you cut your loss if you think that price will go down.

One more explantation (image):

900551253_MovaviScreenShot039-YoBit.Net-DASH(DASH)Exchange-yobit_net.jpg.c193f15e2b264ee05d3c25f62c8407b7.jpg

If you have any questions freely ask here.

A good guide, in fact, you should get used to and come to terms with price fluctuations, since the crypto market is not as stable as fiat. You need to treat this investment calmly and try to buy on drawdowns

Stop loss is a trading tool that helps limit / prevent maximum losses in cryptocurrency trading. I usually apply stop loss in trades for my orders

Hello, thanks for such a nice info. I'm not an expert, but to get an idea of what happens, it is very interesting in my point of view, very kind of you to share
a big hello to everyone

On 10/7/2020 at 12:11 AM, yassine1989 said:

A distinctive feature when trading, each trader must set the loss price, that is, stop the loss at the deal's price, as well as the so-called stop loss, next to that puts the profit price in the sense of stopping a profit price or the so-called profit taking

I understand what you want to tell and that's called "strategy" or "plan".

When you trade, you must to have plan like you say which is a loss on which you want to stop and which is profit you want to take if price go in right direction.

33 minutes ago, Aaron01 said:

The bad news is that it will be triggered at the next available market price, which could be many points lower. After the stock is sold at a popular stop loss price, the stock reverses direction and rallies. The biggest problem with stop losses is that you have given up control of your sell order to the computer.

"stock"? We talking about cryptocurrency trading here.

And I dont understand this "triggered"?

You will putt order on any price you want, like I write in previous comments for example you buy BTC at 11,000$ and you putt your order at 10,000$ to minimize your loss.

7 minutes ago, rohmad93 said:

Stop loss is a trading tool that helps limit / prevent maximum losses in cryptocurrency trading. I usually apply stop loss in trades for my orders

It's all depend in which way price go, for example you maybe make a profit and you dont need stop loss function.

yobit_logo.png.7ce6c90eb02ab009752998fdcd25cf91.png

Take profit or stop loss is the most characteristic of Forex trading when you open a deal and determine the direction of the deal.  The price will stop the deal so that you do not lose all the amount of the deal

hi, bro, It was really an much useful post me because before reading this post i had no idea about stop lose. i think it is really works and i can make some money on it. thank u very much

Oh, it's a very handy tool on many exchanges. You can use it to reduce your losses. I constantly use this tool when trading in markets with rapid exchange rate changes.

Thanks for the contribution, it is good information to be aware of not losing money and stop at the right time so that the loss of money is not worse I was reading the thread of the conversation and the others published interesting things also about the take profit are two options that benefit us and can protect our money

This is a good function at the time we enter an operation, it is good that this not to lose more than we expect, but in particular it is better to be aware of ourselves and only use the function when we go to rest just in case

Stop-loss is not to lose anymore. It is configured in each operation with the objective that if the price of an asset does not react in the way we expected, then our asset is sold with a loss margin acceptable to us. So we can sleep peacefully knowing that our money is protected from losses

Some see the stop-loss as a bad thing but in reality it is the best function of an exchange because thankss to the stop loss we reduce losses and we cotinue in the market with capital to continue operating.

If the stop loss function is a version that should always be used, no matter how much a good analysis of the market is done, always have it there so that there are no surprises and no losses of our capital.

A good way to avoid big losses, even so it does not guarantee that there will be no losses, but as the great ones say, to win many times you have to lose

1 hour ago, mafwejGG said:

you are wrong! These definitions sound like (Stop Loss) and (Take Profit). Stop Loss is an order to fix the damages. Take Profit is an order for taking profit.

Who is wrong? Because most of members write same thing like you.

And who write that stop loss is not function to avoid bigger loss?

And take profit is order to taking profit, I did not know that it's very interesting. :classic_dry:

I dont understand why you have "desire" to explain something which is really simple and many members before you explain same thing.

yobit_logo.png.7ce6c90eb02ab009752998fdcd25cf91.png

I have not used this function, I have been in this for a short time, what I did use were alarms, and the operations were carried out by me, the truth is that it is a good function to avoid losses.

I like this option, especially if you cannot be 100% aware of your position. Stop Loss is used in trading, it is an automatic option that is used to reduce losses. In other words, you mark an amount that you are willing to lose in a trade and if it reaches that limit, it will be closed automatically.