What is Stop-Loss? (explanation) - Tutorials - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
BullRunBit

What is Stop-Loss? (explanation)

Simple explanation of function Stop-Loss is that you cut your loss if price go in wrong way, and that you cut your loss you use stop-loss function.

Example:

I buy Bitcoin on 8,700$ price and set up my stop-loss on 8,000$ that is over -8% stop-loss of my buying price and if price go down till 8,000$ I will sell for that price and if price go more down I will cut loss and maybe buy at lower price etc.

Stop-loss function is that you cut your loss if you think that price will go down.

One more explantation (image):

900551253_MovaviScreenShot039-YoBit.Net-DASH(DASH)Exchange-yobit_net.jpg.c193f15e2b264ee05d3c25f62c8407b7.jpg

If you have any questions freely ask here.

• Useful or interesting 17
  • +1 9
  • +2 2
  • +3 5
  • +4 2
  • +5 8

yobit_logo.png.7ce6c90eb02ab009752998fdcd25cf91.png

This a good feature in every exchange because they can protect your money to lose value and stable them in some price,But still Yobit exchange dont have this feature and more ,they really should work for that

• Useful or interesting 2
  • +1 2
  • +2 3
  • +3 1
  • +5 3

Stop loss is a fantastic weapon in our trades to prevent any more loss. If we set a stop loss then and if the coin's price goes against our order or trade and stop loss triggers to help us stop our trade when price goes our opposite way further.

• Useful or interesting 3
  • +1 2
  • +2 1
  • +3 2
  • +5 1

On 5/5/2020 at 3:20 PM, DoboniAyuuii said:

I have used many exchanges before, some call it stop lose, while some called it stop price, some also call it stop limit. It is a very good thing when price is dropping on the market. 

Yes and main thing is that "cut" your loss, for example your stop loss is -10% and price drop -15% you will "cut" 5% loss.

25 minutes ago, ethan1751 said:

For stop loss, I already know it. And I often use it when trading. And it is indeed good to use, never trade without stop loss. because we will never know the market going forward.

Exactly, and we saw drops with -20% and over and stop-loss function is good for that.

Example I will buy BTC at 9100$ and my stop-loss will be 8700$ and good thing will be if you have plan for selling too for example I will sell 25% at 10,000$ and 50% at 12,000$ and rest 25% I will hold for higher price.

This is short example how trading should to be of course with same or different strategy.

• +5 2

@BullRunBit, first of all, thank you for adding the text "(explanation)" to the title, otherwise this would be just a thread for people who didn't read the text answering to that question.

And about the text, i can't emphasize enough how essential this to is for newbies to learn. I wish i would have understood the importance when i started trading. Could have saved a lot of money.

• Useful or interesting 3
  • +1 4
  • +3 2

On 5/3/2020 at 9:51 AM, BullRunBit said:

Simple explanation of function Stop-Loss is that you cut your loss if price go in wrong way, and that you cut your loss you use stop-loss function.

Example:

I buy Bitcoin on 8,700$ price and set up my stop-loss on 8,000$ that is over -8% stop-loss of my buying price and if price go down till 8,000$ I will sell for that price and if price go more down I will cut loss and maybe buy at lower price etc.

Stop-loss function is that you cut your loss if you think that price will go down.

900551253_MovaviScreenShot039-YoBit.Net-DASH(DASH)Exchange-yobit_net.jpg.c193f15e2b264ee05d3c25f62c8407b7.jpg

Wow that is a good tutorial mate but I have a little knowledge about the stoploss because it is usually use in forex trade it helps you to maintain your lose at your own opinions. 

On 5/9/2020 at 8:46 AM, Babubu609 said:

Wow that is a good tutorial mate but I have a little knowledge about the stoploss because it is usually use in forex trade it helps you to maintain your lose at your own opinions. 

@Babubu609you are right but not to maintain losses but to cut loss. Like you said, but for example, a market is at $1.23 and you think it could fall, you can but the stop $1.22 and the limit at $1.21. This means the when the market price of the coin dropped to $1.22, a limit order will be place at 1.21. 

Edited by BitcryptoHan
  • +1 1
  • +3 1

32 minutes ago, BitcryptoHan said:

@Babubu609you are right but not to maintain losses but to cut loss. Like you said, but for example, a market is at $1.23 and you think it could fall, you can but the stop $1.22 and the limit at $1.21. This means the when the market price of the coin dropped to $1.22, a tease should be place at 1.21. 

Yea that is what I mean but still appreciate your explanation for I understand it clearly now and other will still learn from it. Nice to meet you once more in this forum

yes ..you are right.stop loss is just to cut our loss if we feel price could go down at any time.stop loss helps in avoiding risk of loss and to protect our money from a high loss.so whoever feels like price vo down then they should go for stop loss

• +3 1

19 hours ago, Babubu609 said:

Yea that is what I mean but still appreciate your explanation for I understand it clearly now and other will still learn from it. Nice to meet you once more in this forum

@Babubu609 just one question, I know about the stop order very well but I have not used it before. If someone use it, can the order be canceled like a limit order?

• +5 1

31 minutes ago, BitcryptoHan said:

@Babubu609 just one question, I know about the stop order very well but I have not used it before. If someone use it, can the order be canceled like a limit order?

@BitcryptoHan yes of cause there are limits to stop loose especially when using it a forex trading when the market is tend to reverse lower than it fixed value it cancel and one end up making a great lose that why is good to focused on the trading to make sure the stoploss does not exceed it limit and cancel to generate great loss than profit.

Thank you friend, you have explain very well and i think many members are now understanding the meaning of stop loss in trading. If you know how to use this feature in a good way, you will earn good amount in trading every day.

• +1 1
  • +4 2

Time is the ultimate weapon!

On 5/3/2020 at 2:21 PM, BullRunBit said:

Example:

You have explained this topic very quickly. And yes stop lose function is too good. And this function is keep a very important role in trading. Through this function we may stop our loss.

• +5 1

It was really an much useful post me because before reading this post i had no idea about stop lose.And you have explained it clearly and briefly,so i think no one will not have any question about this.A lot of thanks mate.

• +2 2
  • +5 1

Stop loss is the price level that you set to stop the trade when the price goes against your way to minimize losses and it helps much when trading,it's highly recommended to use whenever you open a trade either in crypto or Forex trading.

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +2 1
  • +3 1
  • +5 1

I heard about this way to reduce the loss before but I did not know the details about this method but does this method have specific conditions for doing it and is it only related to bitcoin? please reply

• +5 2

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

Thank you for this simple and clear explanation of this important job. Actually, I know about this important job that is found in most exchanges, but I see you used in the explanation a picture from the Yobit exchange and I think that the stop-loss function is not quality there and I don't know why?

We have two types of stop loss plan. Manual and Automatic. In automatic mode, the system will sell your asset as soon as it reaches the desired value. This is done without your interference but in second type you set a target value in your mind and you check prices to prevent negligence. Which type do you think is superior? I think manual type is better because if you see any big changes in the charts, you will stop and wait more to choose a higher price. Automatic mode is more useful when you are away and don't have access to internet.

• +2 3

This topic is a good reminder about tis excellent tool that too many people don't know. Now you can make a topic about the opposite tool "Take Profit".

• +1 3
  • +4 1
  • +5 1

Free $0.50 daily paid in Crypto -Here-
Free crypto and fresh news daily -Here-

2 days to profit -Here-

On 5/19/2020 at 1:24 AM, Crypto123 said:

Thank you for this simple and clear explanation of this important job. Actually, I know about this important job that is found in most exchanges, but I see you used in the explanation a picture from the Yobit exchange and I think that the stop-loss function is not quality there and I don't know why?

Yes you are right, Yobit dont have such a function but that function is useful and it would be good that they add Stop-Loss on Yobit.

20 hours ago, Brushless4500KV said:

We have two types of stop loss plan. Manual and Automatic. In automatic mode, the system will sell your asset as soon as it reaches the desired value. This is done without your interference but in second type you set a target value in your mind and you check prices to prevent negligence. Which type do you think is superior? I think manual type is better because if you see any big changes in the charts, you will stop and wait more to choose a higher price. Automatic mode is more useful when you are away and don't have access to internet.

Manual?

That is like you are day trader and you whole day checking chart and price to cut your loss if price go down and that is exhausting (like day trading at all) and with Stop-Loss function you simple secure your investment that if price go down you cut your loss automatic.

15 hours ago, bitcoinb said:

This topic is a good reminder about tis excellent tool that too many people don't know. Now you can make a topic about the opposite tool "Take Profit".

"Take Profit"?

You think Sell button?

Maybe after that I can make a topic about Buy button what you think. :classic_biggrin: 

• +1 1
  • +3 1

3 hours ago, BullRunBit said:

"Take Profit"?

You think Sell button?

No, I don't think the sell button... The "Stop Limit" opttion is divided in 2 options: "Stop loss" and "Take Profit". Because a lot of members here like to talk about Binance, let's take it for example:

spacer.png

As you can see, "exchange" is divided in 3 sections:

1. Limit (you set a buy/sell price), That's the "sell" you mention to me....
  2. Market (buy/sell) at the actual price
  3. Stop Limit is divided in 2 options: OCO (One cancels the other) and "Stop Limit". In stop limit, the Buy limit is "take profit" and the Sell limit is "stop loss".

Stop Loss and Take Profit explained by IqOption:

"Stop-loss and take-profit work in pretty much the same way but their levels are determined differently. Stop-loss signals serve the purpose of minimizing the expenses of an unsuccessful trade, while take-profit orders provide traders with an opportunity to take the money at the peak of the deal."

Link:

https://blog.iqoption.com/en/how-to-use-stop-loss-and-take-profit-in-forex-trading/

OCO explained by Avatrade:

"Considered the most basic form of trade automation, one cancels the other (OCO) is an order combining 2 entry orders. It is basically a conditional order stipulating that, if one order is executed, then the remaining one is automatically cancelled."

Link:

https://www.avatrade.com/education/order-types/one-cancels-the-other-orders?tag=86776&aclid=38995961&_ga=2.62322988.1858804694.1589968735-600659688.1589968735

@BullRunBit  I had (thank you) the opportunity to see that you are a professional miner ... Now I see that you are also a professional trader. Congratulations.

Edited by Desais
  • +1 2
  • +2 1
  • +4 1
  • +5 1

Free $0.50 daily paid in Crypto -Here-
Free crypto and fresh news daily -Here-

2 days to profit -Here-

1 hour ago, bitcoinb said:

As you can see, "exchange" is divided in 3 sections:

1. Limit (you set a buy/sell price), That's the "sell" you mention to me....
  2. Market (buy/sell) at the actual price
  3. Stop Limit is divided in 2 options: OCO (One cancels the other) and "Stop Limit". In stop limit, the Buy limit is "take profit" and the Sell limit is "stop loss".

1. That is that you putt order! (which dont have connection with stop-loss)

2. That is to sell on currently/market price! (which dont have connection with stop-loss)

3. OCO is interesting function, but I did not talking about that! Stop-Loss only!

This second reply I will report because you want more posts! :classic_wink:

Edited by Desais
  • +3 1
  • +4 1

In the case of Forex trading and cryptocurrency tradings, stop loss function makes the huge sense. If we are analyzing the real time market flows and there are some signs of losing the funds while performing any sort of tradings, stop loss function can be very useful for us. 

• +1 1
  • +3 1

Stop loss is really great feature in trading and every exchange provide this feature for their traders, because they don't face huge loss when their traders trade goes their against, because trading is not easy and without this stop loss feature we loss our funds in few hours.

• +3 1
  • +5 1

18 hours ago, Honny143 said:

Stop loss is really great feature in trading and every exchange provide this feature for their traders, because they don't face huge loss when their traders trade goes their against, because trading is not easy and without this stop loss feature we loss our funds in few hours.

Yes, I have noticed this too, but I noticed for stop loss to be effective, the stop limit and the limit order must have a significant difference for it to work, else, it will not work and the market will decrease and your order not unfilled. Did you noticed this too?

• +1 3
  • +4 1