How many times fallen victim to scams. - Page 5 - For Beginners - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
George10

How many times fallen victim to scams.

28 minutes ago, kitekite24 said:

I appreciate this content that you made my friend. For me as a beginner i didn't experience any scams because I'm doing this work here in this forum very careful and I do not trust any post or other member here saying you can earn or benefit of what did they say or post.

Well, wise decision for being new member here in this forum, by doing that thing, you can actually avoid being scammed by other people because for me, this forum has no member which is scammer by seeing as of now that they're respecting this forum properly.

• +1 1

On 4/28/2020 at 3:26 AM, George10 said:

Hello my dear lovely friends perhaps we went through the same, I would like to hear from you who have been scamed before how many times did you fall victim to scam and what really attracted you  to scamers several times and finally give a  word of advice to beginners who have not experienced this before so that they might learn something from you and stay safe.thanks.

Hello, honestly, I also experienced being scammed, but that's just for he old days. Even though I've been scammed, I never lost money from those fakes. Some of the times, I am trying to see how those scamming schemes works, so even though there are a big possibilitiy that a certain site is a scam, I do it just to have a sneek peek and understand how their evil system works. Understanding the system will make you knowledgable and away to be scammed. Always do a background check! Research if it is legit or not. There should be good reviews about it before you go in. If none, better wait, or stay away from that. 

• +2 1

Personally, I have always been keen on preserving my own money and taking responsibility for that. I have never been swindled despite repeated attempts to do so.

• +1 1

I already fell into many scams, in 2012 when PTC sites were very popular I lost a lot of money because I took my money from the bank and invested in the PTC site and weeks later the owner of the PTC site closed the PTC site and disappeared with all the money from investors, were many PTC sites that made me lose money

• +1 1

We learn from the faults.I had been scammed by the scammers more than once.I still remember the first time when i fallen to their traps.It was in telegram.And i participated in a airdrop and to get the tokens,the demanded of an gas fee of 0.05 ETH,almost 13$ at that time.I foolishly sent ETH,but i return didn't get anything.Really that teach me so many things.Hope any more people don't get scammed in this way.Whenever in a airdrop,they want gas fees,at first do complete research about them and take advices from the experienced.

• +2 1

On 4/28/2020 at 3:26 AM, George10 said:

Hello my dear lovely friends perhaps we went through the same, I would like to hear from you who have been scamed before how many times did you fall victim to scam and what really attracted you  to scamers several times and finally give a  word of advice to beginners who have not experienced this before so that they might learn something from you and stay safe.thanks.

It is sad that there a lot of people who were scammed just like you did. In my opinion; as someone who haven't been scammed, people fell with these scammers due to the fact that they were attracted/interested with the offerings of that said scammer especially if you will gain profit without doing anything and also because of the continuous exchange of messages. I believe that we must be aware and be keen with someone who we are talking to, let's be wise and be careful in associating ourselves with this kind modus.

• +2 1

On 6/18/2020 at 3:15 PM, Captain Karim said:

I want to add that I was deceived a lot of times when I participated in the airdrops when they promised me that they would give me a lot of currency but they did not.
I hope everyone wary of any real airdrops.

There are still real airdrops but the danger in airdrop is more than the benefits. I have long ago quit collecting anything related to free coins. 

2 hours ago, JohanDonne said:

There is only  one way you fall victim of scam, that is your greed.

Most are not greed and lack of knowledge is the main reason why people fall as scam victim. 

I have heard many stories of fraud

But personally, I move away from everything that is not reliable or from dealing with anyone I do not know, and this is because of the experts and their advice to me at the beginning of the work.

So I advise everyone to enlist the help of experienced people who have spent more time in this field to avoid the consequences.

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +1 2

I think for those people or member here that had been scammed a couple times it's because they fallen easily to the deals that the scammers gave to them because we came here for earnings and some of us thinking of the other way to earn money so that is the advantage of the scammers that they can manipulate other members here and fallen into them.

• +1 1
  • +2 2

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

I have been victum once in my life.Someone sent me an obscure connection and attempted to double-cross me by saying you will get part pf benefit after a liitle investment.But after that speculation he fled and taken my money.That's the reason I don't believe anyone from that day.From recent years I have not been defrauded.

• +2 1

I have once fell a victim of scammers some years back when I was doing airdrop campaign in telegram, someone sent me a link which I click because I thought it will not be harmful but some minutes after clicking on that link I received a email that someone has login to my account and before I know every single coin i had have been taken away. My advice to everyone is that we should always make sure we make good research before joining any project and we should also avoid clicking on an unknown link to avoid lose just the way I encountered.

• +1 1
  • +2 2

BetFury                                                   

I haven't experienced that yet.
My new friend, check the credibility of the people you interact with.
There are some people who are attracted to scammers who promise them very big profits (something fishy).

• +1 1

I am a victim of bitcoin doubler so i get interested because of easy money that if i will make a deposit it will double my money but after i make transaction my money was gone. And also in cloud mining i loose a big money because of that they tend to fool you to avail there investment plan and after you deposit money the site crashes down. So in life lesson don't look for easy money because if you want to earn big and great amount you need to work from it.

• +2 1

I'm new to the forum, maybe that's why I'm not there yet scamed. If I ever fall into the hands of sacmers I will definitely share my experience with you.  And warn newcomers. Zero times  fallen victimes to scams. 

• +1 1

I haven't scammed by any individual. There was a project called chartoken in 2019 i think. We bought many token after seeing the price spike up. It was their own exchange and we fall into the trap. We made withdraw but that payments never came. I scammed many times before but this one i will regret most.

• +1 1

■   ■   ■   ■   ■   ■     PEER-TO-PEER MULTI-BLOCKCHAIN SYSTEM     ■   ■   ■   ■   ■   ■

━━━━━ ━━━━ ━━━ ━━ ━    Free TON    ━ ━━ ━━━ ━━━━ ━━━━━━

|► DECLARATION OF DECENTRALIZATION |   FORUM   |   TON SURF   |► BECOME AN AMBASSADOR |

I have ones fallen a victim of the scammers some years back when I first came into Cryptocurrency but it was lack of experience and knowledge at that time, I joined an airdrop campaign in telegram after some days they sent me a message that I have earned $40 which they sent me a ETH address and ask me to send $5 which I did but till date I have heard nothing from them. I will advise us to avoid joining new project if we don't have idea about it and also avoid clicking on the link we don't know because that was how they initially got my personal information.

• +1 2
  • +3 1

On 7/11/2020 at 6:31 AM, sayems said:

I'm new to the forum, maybe that's why I'm not there yet scamed. If I ever fall into the hands of sacmers I will definitely share my experience with you.  And warn newcomers. Zero times  fallen victimes to scams. 

That's great and I'm happy for you just keep your self safe from all crypto investment projects that seems to be too good to be true from out there and you are lucky to be in this forum to learn about this because as for me when I was scammed I didn't have this information that is available here about the tactics used by scamers to scam people. 

• +1 1
  • +3 1

I have got scammed multiple times but I have only got scammed for little investments and I wanna try different sites to help other friends. And I found that most of the sites are scam.

• +1 1
  • +2 1

BetFury                                                   

Honestly, I haven't been fallen to a scam. Here's my advice:

Firstly, you must be mindful of people you are interacting with. Make sure to know the person well before doing something. Make sure you both trust each other.

Second, some will give you a nice gifts or flowery words in exchange to your personal information. Don't trust easily, it might be a scam.

Third, do not open suspicious emails or link sent to you by unknown people.

And lastly, don't be afraid to trust others. But make sure that you trust your self more than others.

• +2 1
  • +3 1

On 5/3/2020 at 12:00 AM, issa123h said:

Hi my friend 

Just once I have revived an email

From unknown person he gave me a code

After this all my account were stolen

And called the local police

That was a bad experience hope the police helped you otherwise they might complicate things in countries where crypto is restricted when they are involved.

• +1 1

On 7/13/2020 at 11:14 AM, sandysoo said:

In the past i lost many of balance in the scam sites for investment for example : mypaingads but now i dont invest any money in this sites its scam be carful brother

There is only one investment that is better, it is hodl, and using shit coins for it is very risky. Some people just invest in wrong projects while some in what they did not know like ponzi and loss eventually. 

• +1 1

I have seen a good chance to be scammed and most of the time when am about to be scammed an alert but at the end of it time has come and I have been able to get a chance to it to make some good money , I have lost some money to scam to , withdrawn from my online wallet

• +1 1

It is good that I always took my precautions and followed the advice of experts regarding work, but I was frequently exposed to attempts to catch me and robbed me, either through Telegram or Twitter, and even on the Yobit platform from its chat section.

Eventually most people fall to a scam, especially online. Most projects are not honest to their customers. They claim they will solve various projects but have nothing to offer besides an ERC20 token and a polished whitepaper. Without a ready product I can't ever be certain that something is worth it. Treating the schene as crowdfunding is not what these people should be doing and sadly too many investors still do not care. Take a look at Yam for example. It is a DeFi that failed miserably. The solidity code was not audited for bugs and millions were lost. This is the case with altcoins all this time.

• +4 1

I experienced being scammed for only once in my kilifen crypto wold. I invested my money on the fake website, I am a beginner that time so I easily believe that it can double my money for only few days. 

• +3 1