KYC or not - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Glossy

KYC or not

Do you guys usually avoid doing KYC when registering on exchanges and doing bounties?

To be frank I do not like doing KYC at all and never did it.

I wonder what are your thoughts on this issue.

• Useful or interesting 11
  • +1 7
  • +2 7
  • +3 6
  • +4 1
  • +5 1

I like you because they do not like me and may sell your information to others who guarantee that this does not happen and claim that this is for your protection, but the truth is this for the control of you and protect them

1 minute ago, Zzoro6110 said:

I like you because they do not like me and may sell your information to others who guarantee that this does not happen and claim that this is for your protection, but the truth is this for the control of you and protect them

You are completely right - that is one of the reasons why I avoid doing KYC - they can sell your personal information to companies and invade privacy.

• Useful or interesting 1

21 minutes ago, Glossy said:

Do you guys usually avoid doing KYC when registering on exchanges and doing bounties?

I am not a fan of KYC and sending my documents to every single exchange there is., and I prefer to do my trades p2p, but I tdid pass send my documents to 2 exchanges.... hoping it will not go like with Binance fiasco, selling them on black market and telegram

• Useful or interesting 2
  • +3 3

1 minute ago, hexwin said:

I am not a fan of KYC and sending my documents to every single exchange there is., and I prefer to do my trades p2p, but I tdid pass send my documents to 2 exchanges.... hoping it will not go like with Binance fiasco, selling them on black market and telegram

I never knew that Binance sold private data... Luckily I havent done KYC there. Hope that exchanges where you sent your documents don't sell them.

• -1 1

Just now, Glossy said:

I never knew that Binance sold private data... Luckily I havent done KYC there. Hope that exchanges where you sent your documents don't sell them.

It is just my backup for withdrawing Bitcoin into FIAT... if p2p trading is not available, or if Bisq exchange is not working. Better to have alternatives just in case.

2 minutes ago, hexwin said:

It is just my backup for withdrawing Bitcoin into FIAT... if p2p trading is not available, or if Bisq exchange is not working. Better to have alternatives just in case.

You are completely right, I never thought about selling yet because my philosophy in BTC is "HODL HODL HODL". I guess I should also make backup plan like you...

I am thinking the same... and not even thinking of selling my main Bitcoin savings.
But as I have divided Bitcoin is so many addresses I can just spend small percentage if I need for something, or some emergency situation.

• Useful or interesting 2

I hate it. I do not choose that bounties.Instead of using that sites you should find alternative websites

Why do they take our informations??

I am against the KYC and if i know that the project needs to have a kyc at the very beginning then I dont join them. There are so manybscam project and selling public documents.

1 hour ago, Glossy said:

Do you guys usually avoid doing KYC when registering on exchanges

For some exchanges, it's mandatory to do KYC process in order to have a verified account to trade without limitations

1 hour ago, Glossy said:

Do you guys usually avoid doing KYC when doing bounties?

I usually avoid those types of bounties which can be absolute scam 

I prefer to keep my identity anonymous rather than to do this feature no matter what privileges I get
There are cryptocurrencies and it has the advantage of providing you with privacy

Life is great and enjoy it

15 hours ago, Glossy said:

It depends if I really want to use the exchange and it needs kyc, I do. I have actually done kycs for some exchanges and for.bounties  I don't think I will do I will mostly do for some exchanges that I want to use than for bounties.

Earn free Ethereum every 1 Hour

https://free-ethereum.io/?referer=243721

14 hours ago, Thekingcallme said:

I prefer to keep my identity anonymous rather than to do this feature no matter what privileges I get
There are cryptocurrencies and it has the advantage of providing you with privacy

If only they were given some privileges. They just aren't there. There are USA exchanges that the law may force to open information about its clients. Then I understand that you need to provide KYC to work there. And there are exchanges that the law does not force KYC to require from customers but they do. I trade on various exchanges and on those where you need KYC as well. But I don't like KYC

• +1 1

17 minutes ago, yupi84goro said:

I feel uncomfortable if there are exchanges applying KYC for any reason, I prefer anonymous to my privacy more awake. Lots of exchanges with KYC procedures for reasons of security and the prevention of money laundering, though all of these are just reasons for exchanges to get the user's personal information.

Yes the problem is that if they sell the documents to someone we won't know that immedeately, but for year two or more... And someone can even steal our identity and make criminal offence in our name!

• +1 1

To be honest i also hate KYC when joining a bounty but there is nothing i can do because usually a good bounty need KYC, so you need to do KYC if you want to join that bounty and receive your rewards.

• +1 1

I'm just curious  - did somebody tried to give fake KYC documents? I wonder if that could be enough to pass the KYC. I do not plan to do it, I'm just wondering if that is possible.

2 minutes ago, cryp tos said:

Cryptocurrencies and Blockchain Technology are found to protect your privacy and deal anonymously,
KYC was the main reason for the fall of some prestigious exchange such as Poloniex.
I hate this notice

20191019_114809.jpg

Lol I believe you, I would hate that this happen to me... Luckily I didn't have to fill in the KYC on any exchange...

• -1 1

of course no
Because I like full privacy and do not want to know around me anyone
I do not want any protection and I do not use any platform that requires documentation confirmation

• +1 1

THINK POSITIVE

18 hours ago, Glossy said:

I have thrice in Bounties to get payment,  however they are almost scams and the token price went to 0. We shouldn't use our own documents such as passport or other important information. I am not interested at all doing my KYC because of the fraud that can happen later.

• +1 1

3 minutes ago, cryptosix said:

I have thrice in Bounties to get payment,  however they are almost scams and the token price went to 0. We shouldn't use our own documents such as passport or other important information. I am not interested at all doing my KYC because of the fraud that can happen later.

The biggest problem in bounties is when say they don't require KYC, but they change the rules and in the end demand KYC to claim the tokens.

• +2 1

Some exchangers or bounty must bee KYC for reduce cheater and money laundry

Now so many exchangers and bounty mandatory to submit KYC

I KYC is a no for me, that's while I trade on small exchanges that don't ask for it, my personal information is not something i feel comfortable sharing on the internet, they can sell for money and lead you into trouble or spam your emails.

• +1 1
  • +2 1

On 10/18/2019 at 11:38 PM, Glossy said:

I do not like to give KYC to get something in return i hate that procedure and i boycott it.

Even i never did KYC even though i know its legit and profit oriented company. Why should we sell our whole information to get few coins 😛 ?

• +2 1

1 hour ago, wiebito said:

This whole procedure has nothing to do with the anonymity of the person, the idea of the crypt. All of your information on KYC can be bought on the Darknet.

yea but governments cant have exchanges helping criminals to wash their money on exchanges and get away with it,because exchanges will be held accountable for aiding criminals.yet again a simple hack can put us customers in harm.

• +1 1
  • +2 2